Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP John Prine

Not his best song, but fitting.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0EiV423j0M"]John Prine - When I Get To Heaven (Lyric Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Hope you are sipping that vodka and ginger ale

RIP

Comment

I used Prine as a litmus test for prospective girlfriends when I was in the dating pool. Pick her up to go out, plug in a John Prine cassette, and wait for the response. If she liked it, good deal. If the response was along the lines of what is that mess, back home she went. If she didn't get John Prine, she wouldn't understand me.

Comment

Hate to hear of his passing. I knew he was near death and was hoping somehow he could recover.

Comment

Thank you for penning some great songs John Prine. May you rest in peace.

Comment

John Prine, the Grammy-winning singer who combined literary genius with a common touch, has died at 73 from the coronavirus.

Really informative article ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              Thanks for posting that. It was a a great article.

-john

Comment

One of my favorites

May he RIP.

"Please Don't Bury Me"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEhqzOeJnto"]John Prine - Please Don't Bury Me (ORIGINAL ALBUM VERSION) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Sam Stone

Here's another classic that I related to as a Nam vet. I knew several grunts who ended up like Sam Stone.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLVWEYUqGew"]John Prine - Sam Stone - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Olmandan View Post
                    I used Prine as a litmus test for prospective girlfriends when I was in the dating pool. Pick her up to go out, plug in a John Prine cassette, and wait for the response. If she liked it, good deal. If the response was along the lines of what is that mess, back home she went. If she didn't get John Prine, she wouldn't understand me.
                    That's a great test for sure.

RIP Mr. Prine!

Comment

"Your flag decal won't get into heaven any more. It's already over crowded with your dirty little war"

Song writer of our times. GOF

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                        Hope they cut him up & pass him all around

Comment

Rip

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                            Here's another classic that I related to as a Nam vet. I knew several grunts who ended up like Sam Stone.

John Prine - Sam Stone - YouTube
                            From my era a Real tear jerk...God Bless Ya JP RIP sir

Comment

He’ll finally be able to make it back to Muhlenberg county.

RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X