What bow sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bow sights

What bow sight are you using, and why- How many pin?
    I’ve used the spot hog xl 2 pin for 2 seasons.
    I like the sight- just sometimes it seems like a lot going on.
    Ranging, setting pin, deer moving, get quick release to D loop.
    I did last season switch to thumb release. Helped some with a lot going on at once, since I leave my release hooked to D loop.
    I’ve been thinking of possibly going back to a 5 pin.
    What are y’all shooting?
    I have the Axcel armortech on my radar.

Following. I like the idea of a 1 pin but heard there are serious drawbacks if the deer keep moving.

I have a 4 pin that came on my obsession 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
      Following. I like the idea of a 1 pin but heard there are serious drawbacks if the deer keep moving.

I have a 4 pin that came on my obsession 2 yrs ago.
      It can be a pain in the a** for sure.
      Not sure if enough to get away from the scroll site. Wondering if anyone can convince me some.
      Last edited by Arturo V; 01-28-2020, 10:49 PM.

Comment

What about a 3 pin slider sight? Spott Hogg has one and MBG has nice one also, mbg has some bright pins

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo V View Post
          It can be a pain in the a** for sure.
          Not sure if enough to get away from the scroll site. Wondering if anyone can convince me some.
          BigDaddy on here might be able to provide direction. He is an instructor at cinnamon creek archery.

Comment

never had a problem with a single pin slider,,, i usually sight for distance on the stand i am using and leave it alone, not many conditions that would ever cause me to shoot beyond 30 yards, and even fewer at 40 or farther even though i practice at 100 and greater distances,,,, i use the site with out moving the pin up to 40 yards,, not hard to learn the hold over or under especially with the pin set at 30 yards

Comment

I have been shooting a 4 pin slider for years. I have fixed pins for 20-50 yards then can dial out to 110-120 yards. Best of both worlds for me. For longer shots or practice you have time to range and set it. Up close and rapidly changing you have fixed pins. I have a couple axcels set up this way and a spott Hogg. I also have a new Montana black gold set up as a 4 pin slider. Not as much clutter as a 5 or 7 pin but can shoot a long ways!

Comment

Got a Trophy Ridge React 5 pin that I really like, durn thing is really accurate with the automatic pin adjustments. This year I walked up on a nice sleeping 8 point on public land and luckily guessed the yardage but man I sure would have liked to be more confident when I shot so when I ran across an IQ Define in the classifieds here I grabbed it and plan to use it next year. Where we hunt I literally never sit in the same place twice and the deer could step out from anywhere, and usually never where you'd expect them and they don't stop, so it really could be useful to me assuming it works properly. What I like about that sight opposed to the more expensive rangefinding sight options is that if it fails I still have a regular fully functional 5 pin sight.

Comment

Most people that complain about a single pin slider either never used them, or used them wrong.

You do not range an animal then adjust the sight each time it moves or changes direction.

Set it for 25 yards and leave it. you will be an inch high at 20 yards and an inch low at 30. If deer are moving too quick from 20 to 40 yards, you have no business shooting at them anyway.

All ranging should be done ahead of an animal coming to the stand. Pick some trees, mark some trails and know what distance most land marks are. The beauty of the sight is that you can keep it at 25 yards and if you see an animal coming in at a "pre ranged" trail or tree, farther than 30 yards, you can just slide the sight to that distance before the animal gets there and be set. Or keep the 25 yards pin and just aim a bit higher, same concept as pin gapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo6 View Post
                    Most people that complain about a single pin slider either never used them, or used them wrong.

You do not range an animal then adjust the sight each time it moves or changes direction.

Set it for 25 yards and leave it. you will be an inch high at 20 yards and an inch low at 30. If deer are moving too quick from 20 to 40 yards, you have no business shooting at them anyway.

All ranging should be done ahead of an animal coming to the stand. Pick some trees, mark some trails and know what distance most land marks are. The beauty of the sight is that you can keep it at 25 yards and if you see an animal coming in at a "pre ranged" trail or tree, farther than 30 yards, you can just slide the sight to that distance before the animal gets there and be set. Or keep the 25 yards pin and just aim a bit higher, same concept as pin gapping.
                    Good stuff here thanks, I guess I’m the one person that doesn’t use it right.
                    I don’t like to guess where my arrow is going to land when shooting at a deer. So I can say I always adjust.
                    I do mark trees and bushes, thanks for some input.
                    I guess I just worry to much about that 1-3 yards a deer has moved. While having pin set at 30.

Comment

Switched to a Trophy Ridge React 5. Life is so much better now!

Couldn't see the yardage on the tape or in low light with my HHA

Comment

I shoot a single pin that pretty much stays set on 25 yards. Likely not ever going to shoot past 30

Comment

Trophy Ridge React 5 for the last 5 years or so. It has been great.

Comment

Spot Hogg Seven Deadly Pins in .010.

I don’t have the “clutter” issue that many have with multi-pin sights. I hunt a lot out west and regularly shoot long ranges. It works very well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

love my react trio... 3 pin and the third is a slider out past 100 yards....3 pins are 20/30/40

Comment

Working...
                              X