No announcement yet.

My Mini Hunting Lodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I am going to create an opening for an AC during the summer time. I made a trip out last night and it was pretty bad... the AC which was running off a generator in the back of my truck made it more bearable even though it was just blowing cold air like a fan. I will need to pickup a small quiet generator though... cant run it all night because its just too loud.

The solar system is still doing great and I will only use a gen for an ac in the summer.

Comment

Oh and she grew a pumpkin if you can believe that!

Comment

Quiet generators are nice!
        Can you put a larger muffler on the generator you have or get a larger long extension cord so you can park farther away

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
          Quiet generators are nice!
          Can you put a larger muffler on the generator you have or get a larger long extension cord so you can park farther away
          Hmmm, didnt think about an aftermarket muffler. I will have to look into that. It is basically a honda motor on a 3500W generator we use for hurricane backup. Doesn't need to be quiet because we hope to not have to use it much and when we do... the whole neighborhood is loud.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Wow. My first time seeing this thread. Awesome job!

Comment

Impressive. I liked it years ago, and still do today. Well Done!

Comment

AC is # 1 on the list !!! Im pretty sure Honda makes a small quiet generator.

Comment

Looks like all you need now is a sink.

Comment

You could also build an open-sided box (3 sides with a top) to cover the generator. The open side will allow for some air flow so it doesn't overheat. Then use some foam panels on the inside to help really quiet it down. Point the open end of the cover away from camp and you'll really notice a difference in the noise level.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                      Looks like all you need now is a sink.
                      Yes!!! Actually was wishing I had that when I was cleaning that rabbit too!

Comment

So this happened...

The framing was more symmetric initially... then I realized I couldn't remove the air filter... so I notched one 2x4 instead of two. It was over engineered to begin with (which is my MO).

Comment

My son and I were talking about how long we've had this little cabin. Not including the year it was just a deck for a tent... it will be 7 years old this season... crazy!

Comment

Very crazy - and has been awesome to follow!

Comment

Nice job

Comment

I’ve been following your progress since the beginning. Lots of fun to watch. Sleeping AC is a game changer. I hear they have some Honda generators that are really quiet, but expensive. Totally worth IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X