• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aguila Mini Shells ?

Anybody had any experience with these?

1.75" shells with 5/8 oz 00 buck

Magazine that will hold 3 - 3.5" shells should hold 6 of these

Light loads for close quarters / home protection or suitable to spray hogs at a feeder with?

They won't necessarily feed through all guns. I've tried them in several different pumps, no luck with any of them. They are great in double barrel guns. Some pumps and auto loaders will run them, but not all.

Comment

There's a ton of Youtube vids on them. As well as some with what guns they work the best in. I crawled down that Aguila Mini Shell rabbit hole one time. It was 3 weeks before I found my way out.

My local Academy now carries them.
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-12-2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Never had an issue running them in a pump. Lots of autos wont like em though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dont bother with them is my opinion. If you want to hold more shells get a magazine extension

Comment

Back on college. Shot them through my 870 express.

Comment

I can’t remember what the name was, but I have seen a pop in feed ramp for mossberg 500/shockwaves that was specifically designed for the mini shells. Supposed to increase reliability, and easy to remove to run normal length shells. I have no experience with the shells, but I have thought about a shockwave more than a few times. I feel like the mini shells are perfect for that application, almost a requirement, since running a mag extension isn’t practical.

Comment

One outfitter I dove hunt with switched to them. They are so dirt they will shut down a 391 in a single evening and had to have my silver pigeon rebuilt

I’ll quit shooting before I bought any of that dirt trash. Wolf is waaay cleaner and it’s filthy

Comment

Bought some to play with. Wouldn't want to rely on it for anything tho. I equate it to "rat shot" for a shot gun. Pop the occasional critter without as much noise. Cycles great in my O/U and break barrel guns tho!

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                    I can’t remember what the name was, but I have seen a pop in feed ramp for mossberg 500/shockwaves that was specifically designed for the mini shells. Supposed to increase reliability, and easy to remove to run normal length shells. I have no experience with the shells, but I have thought about a shockwave more than a few times. I feel like the mini shells are perfect for that application, almost a requirement, since running a mag extension isn’t practical.
                    OpSol is the company that makes that adapter. I purchased one and it functions just as it should, its nice having an extra 3 in the tube.

Comment

I shoot them in my cheap Stevenson shotgun with no problems . Wife killed a fox with them a few weeks ago .

Comment

Working...
                      X