Best Low Fence leases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
    You'll never hear about all of them, just the big ones. I'd gamble there is more out there than you think.
    No question....the location of which might shock a lot of folks around here....😉...of course it depends upon what ones definition of a "trophy" is....

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
      It’s so ridiculous that you can’t talk about a big buck you saw are shot . Because someone tells you not to. If you can’t show off your trophy what are you hunting for ? It’s all about having fun and being able to share it with friends and family. Your not running around on your wife your killing a freaking deer that I’m sure you paid hard earned money to kill and enjoy.
      I agree, it's too bad you can't....but in the world we find ourselves in nowadays if you talk one or all of the following will most likely happen...

Poaching will increase exponentially.....that criminal who snuck on the King, Kennedy, etc, well, he's a long way from all alone.

If you throw a poacher/trespassers off they might well return and vandalize, including burn down your camp house....ask me how I know. Lots of unhinged people out there nowadays and some are getting pretty entitled, resentful, and jealous, etc.

Adjacent lands will get leased for much higher per acre cost....might well be YOUR lease....right out from underneath your feet.

It's unfortunate, but times have changed and continue to do so. Not all of it is a net positive.
      Last edited by Slicefixer; 01-05-2021, 12:26 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

The ones you never hear about....
        I promise you there are some along the trinity river with deer that most people only dream of

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          If you are looking for a place that is big acreage, low fence, can grow big deer and is close to Houston look at the Rooke Ranch in Woodboro, Refugio county. I hunted it for 18 years, with total control for the last 9 years. I had that place on a major upward trajectory until some clowns way over bid it and I let it go. They were gone in year 2 and year 3 respectively after completely demolishing my work there. Not sure what is happening with it now but given it's proximity to Houston, I cant think of a better place. The genetics are there for 200" deer, it just has to be managed properly.
          Is this the one where members had mobile homes on it for years/decades and they had to move everything out? Is this part of it?

Comment

They are located in Old Mexico, Kansas and Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
              The ones you never hear about....
              I promise you there are some along the trinity river with deer that most people only dream of
              And they don't even enter the deer in tbga.

Comment

I personally know of leases with quality deer in every part of the State. IMO quality means consistently shooting multiple 150" deer every year. Neighbors, management, land size, and agriculture all plays a huge role.
                Last edited by Arrowthreat; 01-05-2021, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                  Is this the one where members had mobile homes on it for years/decades and they had to move everything out? Is this part of it?
                  https://www.landsofamerica.com/prope...Texas/1080200/
                  Nope, that is a different branch of the Rooke family. You may be referring to the Welder-McCann where guys got kicked off after decades of being on the same lease because of the windmills going up.

Comment

Working...
                  X