Chap Gun Hunt - New Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
    Wonder what pasture that 16 point came out of? We may have got a pic of him last week.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I believe the north half of North Jay.... guy seriously was almost apologizing for shooting it. Just kept saying “that thing would have been a monster in a few years”. Unique trophy for sure though. Tough to pass on a deer with 16 points. They are only posting on FB the TBGA deer during the hunt so if it wasn’t over 140, they will most likely post all the deer after the hunt is over. If it’s still hanging in the cooler tonight, I’ll snap a quick pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Solocam u were in North Jay last week right?

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
        Solocam u were in North Jay last week right?

Yes sir. I just seen the pic on Facebook. It's definitely the same buck. We were echoing that guy's same thoughts, that was going to be a monster if he made it. I can't fault the guy too bad though. Heck of buck that can easily get a man riled up.

Comment

Looks like all bucks are on Facebook. There is a 3.5 yo buck with a picket fence on both sides posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Wence View Post
            Looks like all bucks are on Facebook. There is a 3.5 yo buck with a picket fence on both sides posted.

That’s the 16 pointer...

early movement tonight. Had this guy almost in bow range.

Comment

30 loyalty points and I'm watching the GS instead of sitting on a sendero. Ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                lets see some pitchers!!
                [ATTACH]1032618[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1032619[/ATTACH]

sorry....really bored waiting for updates...

Comment

Waiting on a text but I may have an update [emoji846]

Comment

This crappy phone service down here is killing me. Sounds like the young fella shot and texted his dad “can u come help me”... haven’t heard anything since. MikeJ is closest so he’s headed that way.

Comment

Nice. Hope he tagged a good one.

Comment

Well sounds like a 10 point is down but apparently not the one we had on camera. Not sure what that means. That’s either a good thing or a bad thing. Will update after shooting time when I see it.

Comment

Chap Gun Hunt - New Thread

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post

There are bigger down here but NOT disappointed I pulled the trigger. Has 11 storable points and don’t have a tape on me but I’ll be interested to see what his width is. Don’t see many wide deer in E TX where I hunt. He only made it 20 yards before piling up.

Looks like he might be related to the 19-inch wide 10-point I took out there a few years ago. Wish mine had gotten as big as yours. Shot mine early, then watched a 10-point two nights later that was at least low 150s.
                          Last edited by bullets13; 12-16-2020, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Only two bucks I’ve seen so far. None living and during daylight. Yet...
                            Last edited by bdubb; 09-08-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bdubb View Post
                              Only two bucks I’ve seen so far. None living and during daylight. Yet...
                              What section. I was in Concho and I only saw small deer and pigs during the day. Had some pretty big ones on camera after dark.

Comment

So he was one we had a picture of. No score yet on him. He was 10 pt. Aged 5.5 years. Not real wide... here is the pic. Hopefully have some better pics tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X