Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential Target buck found dead.... on 2Cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
    Better fence em otherwise all father/son duos across Texas will think they can shoot free range deer on their properties.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They may shoot whatever makes them happy! I’m going to manage our deer to reach maturity and not shoot 3 year olds just because they have big horns regardless of what they shoot. We put a lot of time, money, effort, and patience growing/managing deer so it stings a little when a 3 year old is shot.

Your comments sounds sarcastic, which would lead me to believe your not much of the management type.

Comment

IÂ’d fence them in a heartbeat. Do yÂ’all surround them on several sides?

Comment

Sorry to hear OP. I dislike high fences, but I wouldn't hesitate for a second to fence them out. See how much they brag about their 60 acres then.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
          IÂ’d fence them in a heartbeat. Do yÂ’all surround them on several sides?

No just a portion of one side

Comment

Same thing happened to me. I passed this 12 that I have pictures of at 2,3, & 4 and showed pictures to all my neighbors and said not to shoot this deer since he was only 4. Well guess what my neighbors wife shot him because she said he looked pretty. He was seen at another feeder about 2.5 miles away and they turned him down since he was to young. Can't grow big deer when you shoot them when their young but also can't keep them from jumping the fence either.

Comment

Nice buck!!

Comment

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
                It was kinda funny at first.... now not so much haha this deer had a ton of potential! I’d post a photo of the deer but I don’t really want to post someone else’s photo. This one stings as much as the big deer killed.
                Ouch... sorry to hear that. Seem they're on a roll now ..

Comment

Originally posted by southtx View Post
                  I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. It’s not illegal to shoot multiple deer in that county as long as you stay within the tpw regulations.

TPW regulations would allow for 15 people to each take 3 bucks off that 75 acres.

There’s something wrong with that system. Legal, yes. Right/wrong I think is debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                    TPW regulations would allow for 15 people to each take 3 bucks off that 75 acres.

There’s something wrong with that system. Legal, yes. Right/wrong I think is debatable.

I’m confused by what you mean? It’s a 2 buck county.

Comment

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
                      I’m confused by what you mean? It’s a 2 buck county.

It’s not Refugio ?

Regardless if it’s a 1,2 or 3 buck county, the point is that “legally”, an unlimited number of people could hunt on that 65 acres and tag out.

I think that’s a flawed system.
                      Last edited by kyle1974; 12-13-2020, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Bittersweet

For OP my heart goes out to you...
                        For the hunter, congrats....

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                          It’s not Refugio ?

Regardless if it’s a 1,2 or 3 buck county, the point is that “legally”, an unlimited number of people could hunt on that 65 acres and tag out.

I think that’s a flawed system.
                          It's been flawed. I'll say that's one thing Mexico has right. You get so many tags per ranch depending on the size/population of said ranch. On our 3k acres we get 8 buck tags. Larger ranches get more tags and so on. We've never used all our tags and doubtful we ever will.

Comment

I worked with a guy years ago who bought a 75 acre "ranchette" when a developer cut up a large ranch into small tracts and sold them as hunting property up in the Rocksprings area.
                            The guy bragged about all the deer and the bucks he killed that first year, and he would take guests up there as well as several family members.
                            I told him that deer weren't like migratory birds that fly in and replenish after they've been hunted hard.
                            He looked at me like I was out of my mind, but then about the third year he had the place he was puzzled as to why he wasn't seeing very many deer, and the few bucks he was seeing were spikes and four pointers.
                            Last I heard he was putting the place up for sale.

Comment

Maybe I missed it but have you guys tried meeting with them and talking to them about a management plan?

Sounds like your neighbors need a little education, maybe a talk would help, maybe it wouldn't, but it would be a lot cheaper than putting up a fence.

Comment

How old do you think he was? What is your target age?

He looks 5.5 to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X