No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He sure looked calm out there Sunday and seems to have regained his mental toughness. Wouldn't be surprised if he contended for player of the year in 2020 and contended for world #1 again. It is great for golf and at least for me, he makes watching golf a whole lot more exciting. Would absolutely love it if he could reach 18 majors before he retires and put the GOAT argument to rest until someone new enters the equation - which is probably a decade away at the very earliest.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
      Lots of people eating Crow lately when it comes to Tiger. All those expert sports analysts that said he was done and washed up a few years ago are burying their heads in the sand. Tiger winning again is good for the game of golf, period.

Like Brandle Chamblee ?

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
        I don’t think you can label Tiger the GOAT. Yet. He’s still behind Jack in major wins. And he’s behind San Sneed for most tour wins. It was good to see him win yesterday, and I don’t dislike him as much now as I used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

His has a long road to beat Jack but is one closer. Tiger keeps people glued to the TV which equals $$.

Comment

I sure as hell do.....

He's the only golfer and one of a very few athletes who transcended their sport to "one name fame." He drives eyeballs and that's important, very important, to help avert golf's slide back to niche' sport classification. (Which it probably will anyway once he's out the door)

Comment

G.O.A.T and still playing at an extremely high level.

Comment

Gets to 18 and a tie and he's the inarguable GOAT..... Until then, HIGHLY arguable....

Comment

I don’t particularly like the guy, but he’s the best that has ever played the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                    I understand that he was once one of the best ever, but... BYE!!
                    He's done. I listen to and watch a lot of golf and I'm sick of hearing his name. He is a washed up has been that will never win another tourney. Can we stop glossing him already. I don't care what club he's swinging, what ball he's hitting, or what shirt he's wearing. The game is going to be just fine without him.
                    Does anybody even care if he comes back???
                    Who? I was playing golf at 18 when I was not roofing houses. I have played RiverCrest and a few clubs in Tarrant County.

One day I found a bow and I never looked back. Golf is queer and my ancestors invented it. I am proud of our Border Collies though.

Comment

Dont get me wrong, my dream was to play my age and I have a few years. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdark View Post
                        Golf is queer
                        Wut?

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                          Wut?
                          Don't get me wrong. I played golf before I picked up a bow. Bowhunting is cheaper.

I was a scratch golfer.

Golf has just turned weird.

All sports have turned weird, except bowhunting.
                          Last edited by Bowdark; 10-30-2019, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            I don’t particularly like the guy, but he’s the best that has ever played the game.

Gotta win 18....just tie in overall majors.... then IMOP it's undisputed.... until then. nope

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
                              Gotta win 18....just tie in overall majors.... then IMOP it's undisputed.... until then. nope

So 18 is the main underlying number that makes a golfer the greatest of all time?

Let’s talk numbers then, first off lets just say if Tiger never broke his back or only had half of the 100+ procedures done to his body, he would’ve had easily 12-16 more major starts

He’s winning 1-4 of those, plus he would’ve had 100 plus tour victory’s

Second his cut streak will never be beaten, 142 cuts made is 30 better than 2nd place; this streak is one of the most underrated stat of his career

His winning percentage is 9% better than jacks

He had 3 separate hall of fame seasons

He won 9 of 12 golf tournaments twice in his career

4 majors in a row

And from 2000-2009 there hasn’t been a more dominant golfer in golf history

Jack didn’t get injured like tiger and was just a more consistent golfer but Tiger without a doubt was a more dominant golfer and should be considered the greatest of all time

Comment

Hush now GG22...[emoji2962].....that is too much like true FACTS!!![emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Little known PGA gem.....70% or so of pro card holders have a 20+ year career and win less than 10 times in there entire career.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X