Vp fuel cans .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vp fuel cans .

Anyone else having a problem with them leaking on the seams ? I got two fairly new cans that at both leaking on the seams under the handle.Both have only had diesel in them . Never abused or left on the sun .
    Last edited by Strummer; 07-10-2021, 01:34 PM.

Not yet.

Did have one I didn’t screw back on correctly and it leaked. My fault though.

Mine are the Attwoods brand though.

Comment

Mine are all good. I bought all 10 this year and haven’t had any kind of a leak.

Comment

Ive got a handful of vp cans. I’ve only had one leak at the seam. It leaked about half way down the jug under the handle. I tossed it and bought another one

Comment

I've had three of the TSC VP style jugs for a couple years now and the only issue I had was with the nozzles breaking. I bought a couple of the Ai13 aluminum hardware nozzles and they have been great.

Comment

Nope have 6 of them, no issues.

Comment

I found the plastic spout on the 5 gallon VP race fuel cans, will crack and leak, then shortly after that starts, it will tear. I have about six to eight VP cans sitting around that I would not use for storing fuel in. Once that plastic deteriorates, they are good for decoration. I have been thinking of filing them with concrete and putting a pole in them, then use them for a canopy anchor or something. I want to say the ones I have started going to crap, about a year after I initially opened them. Which every time we opened one of those cans, the whole can went in the car. I have used them for E85 and other fuels after dumping out what was originally in them. I wonder if it's the ethanol, that's eating up the plastic so quickly.

Comment

Rereading what has been posted, looks like y'all are talking about the fuel jugs. Mine is about 12 years old, it has leaked from between the top of the jug and the cap almost since I got it. Once you have it upside down, it stops leaking, when pouring. If you have it horizontal when pouring, it makes a mess. I just turn it vertical and it's good. Then the screen up in the top of of the hose long ago rotted and is long gone. I am again, pretty sure that is a result of putting E85 in that can. That ethanol will eat stuff up.

I have seen other guys caps crack, and cause a leak. I have seen the spout on the top of the cap crack and break off of one. I have not seen a problem with the jugs them selves yet, I guess it could be possible.

Comment

Have 4 of them. 3 leak at the seam under the handle. Broke 3/4 of the crappy pour spouts. Far as I’m concerned, they’re junk.

Comment

I have 3 of them and no issues at all. I did replace the crimp clamps on the hose with regular hose clamps as it seems they didn’t get them down far enough. Other than that yep they are great!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Have 4 of them. 3 leak at the seam under the handle. Broke 3/4 of the crappy pour spouts. Far as I’m concerned, they’re junk.
                      Try Lc2 cans. No leaks and a pour handle on the side.

Comment

Yes I had one start leaking at the seam on the bottom.

Comment

6 here with no problems other than the filler tubes!

Comment

I had one start leaking as well. It was fairly new. VP warranty took care of it and sent me a brand new one. No issues with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                              I found the plastic spout on the 5 gallon VP race fuel cans, will crack and leak, then shortly after that starts, it will tear. I have about six to eight VP cans sitting around that I would not use for storing fuel in. Once that plastic deteriorates, they are good for decoration. I have been thinking of filing them with concrete and putting a pole in them, then use them for a canopy anchor or something. I want to say the ones I have started going to crap, about a year after I initially opened them. Which every time we opened one of those cans, the whole can went in the car. I have used them for E85 and other fuels after dumping out what was originally in them. I wonder if it's the ethanol, that's eating up the plastic so quickly.
                              depends on the makeup of the plastic and type of metal but E85 definitely can be reactive to both

Comment

Working...
                              X