Electricity bill woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electricity bill woes

I just looked at my bill for June and bout passed out. It is showing we used 2088 kwh for the month. I am not sure how that is possible. Yes, it has been hotter this month but dam! Just not sure how it went from 1250 ($75) in May to almost 2100 ($300) in June. Our usage habits are the same. Is it possible the meter could be bad or maybe we have something like our a/c going bad and not cutting off when it should. Anyone seen this big of a jump before? Thanks for your time.

Need to compare your utility rate fees per kwh.
    Im guessing your prices increased.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronotrigger View Post
      I just looked at my bill for June and bout passed out. It is showing we used 2088 kwh for the month. I am not sure how that is possible. Yes, it has been hotter this month but dam! Just not sure how it went from 1250 ($75) in May to almost 2100 ($300) in June. Our usage habits are the same. Is it possible the meter could be bad or maybe we have something like our a/c going bad and not cutting off when it should. Anyone seen this big of a jump before? Thanks for your time.

Id love to have a $300 electric bill!!
      It’s HOT!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Our old contract died last month...................

Comment

My price per kwh almost doubles from 1000 to 2000+. I get that, just don't think we have ever been above 2000 at any point in years past.

Comment

Looks like your price per kilowatt more than doubled.

$75 / 1250KW = .06 cents per KW
            $300 / 2100 KW = .143 cents per KW

Go to power to choose or sign up with Energy Ogre. BTW just this one month increase in bill would have covered energy ogre $10 month fee for the entire year.

Comment

Several reasons your bill could have gone high. I know most of us believe/think we are not using as much "juice" as we are. First step is to monitor your usage as it will tell you a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronotrigger View Post
                My price per kwh almost doubles from 1000 to 2000+. I get that, just don't think we have ever been above 2000 at any point in years past.
                I went back and looked and my usage averages +22% from May to June. Yours is up almost 70% so you may be on to something. I would expect an increase but not that much.

Comment

We use energy ogre and our bills have never been over $200 for 2,600sqft. House usually stays between 68-72. Highly recommend enlisting their services to start saving some money.

Comment

Your paying too much. Should be around .085 - .095 per.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I admire folks who actually get to choose their utility providers

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                        Yep Entergy getting a pass in Texas for this long after the Gulf States Utilities bail out is prime example to me of corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                          I’m definitely jealous. - Forced Entergy Customer

Comment

nobody gets to choose their utility providers. You choose the retail company you pay the bill to. It all is still run by the same utility company and comes from the same power plants.

to the OP, that doesn't seem that extreme to me. The problem is not in your usage but in your contract where your rate increases 2.5x as your usage goes up. Go lock in a fixed rate if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                              nobody gets to choose their utility providers. You choose the retail company you pay the bill to. It all is still run by the same utility company and comes from the same power plants.

to the OP, that doesn't seem that extreme to me. The problem is not in your usage but in your contract where your rate increases 2.5x as your usage goes up. Go lock in a fixed rate if you can.
                              Fair point. Let me clarify my previous statement...
                              I admire folks who get to choose the retail company they pay their bills to...

Some of us don't
                              Former forced CPS customer in S.A. Now forced PEC customer in Boerne
                              Last edited by JonBoy; 07-02-2021, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X