Snake/Auto Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake/Auto Advice

Can someone tell me if a snake can get inside a 2013 Honda Accord if it gets behind the rear wheel well trim? I just watched/saw a 3'-4' rat snake as it made it's way into my wife's wheel well. If it can't get into the car I can keep from mentioning it to my wife. If I have to tell her she may have a co-pilot the insurance adjuster will wonder why she smiles when talking about her car burning to the frame.

Thanks in advance.

The answer is yes. He/she will join your wife on her next trip

Comment

not sure if it can get into the cabin area but probably the trunk

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
        not sure if it can get into the cabin area but probably the trunk
        That was my thought. If it was the front well then I wouldn't even ask, but not sure about cabin access via the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
          The answer is yes. He/she will join your wife on her next trip
          I'm not questioning your input, but can you explain how or where. I feel some people just want to see the world (*car) burn.

Comment

On the bright side of things you won't have any mice damage!

Comment

He won't be in there very long anyhow. If there isn't any food he will be gone quick, that's what he's looking for.

Comment

Pull vehicle in the garage and leave the doors open. You may disconnect battery so cabin lights don’t run it down. And I think I would tell her. If she knows it’s non poisonous she may not overreact and be injured or killed in an accident.

Comment

A rat snake can get almost anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by zacm1979 View Post
                    Can someone tell me if a snake can get inside a 2013 Honda Accord if it gets behind the rear wheel well trim? I just watched/saw a 3'-4' rat snake as it made it's way into my wife's wheel well. If it can't get into the car I can keep from mentioning it to my wife. If I have to tell her she may have a co-pilot the insurance adjuster will wonder why she smiles when talking about her car burning to the frame.

Thanks in advance.
                    No. Been in the body shop industry all my life and the answer is no........

Comment

I would say most likely no. Unless someone left out a drain plug in the floor of the car. Most all cars have rubber plugs in the floor in strategic places, to drain water. As long as those have not been removed you should be good. That or some type of damage that winds up ripping or punching a hole in the body.

From the factory, most all cars should be sealed up very well. There are some cars with vents in the body, so doors close easier. I have seen some cars that have vents, low on the sides of the trunk, to make it easier to close the trunk lid. Typically square plastic pieces with what look like a grill, then rubber flaps. The rubber flaps should lay flat 99% of the time, but allow air to escape when a door or trunk lid is closed.

I would still say, there is very little chance a snake would get into the car, unless the windows are down or doors are open.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                        No. Been in the body shop industry all my life and the answer is no........
                        Place a plastic Easter egg on the ground near the wheel well. The rat snake will spot said egg and make for it. You then leap on the snake like Jim “Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom” Fowler, and wrestle it away from your bride’s car. She will reward you for being the hero that you are.

Or just listen to Johnny Dangerr and cross your fingers …

Comment

no. the car and your wife are safe.

Comment

Car should be already in flames....lol. Rat snakes can get anywhere looking for food...had one coiled up on 6ft shelf in a box blind. Nothing to eat in the car he will be gone soon

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                              Place a plastic Easter egg on the ground near the wheel well. The rat snake will spot said egg and make for it. You then leap on the snake like Jim “Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom” Fowler, and wrestle it away from your bride’s car. She will reward you for being the hero that you are.

Or just listen to Johnny Dangerr and cross your fingers …

Lol....................

Comment

Working...
                              X