Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will an RV generator adapter work to clean up power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will an RV generator adapter work to clean up power?

I backfired my panel though my 30A dryer plug. Can I use one of the RV surge protectors that go on the end of the cord to clean up the power and protect my electronics from the surging, or do I need a clean power surge protector for each electronic device to plug into?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to stop, back up and wire the generator in safely. Install an interlock or transfer switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
      You need to stop, back up and wire the generator in safely. Install an interlock or transfer switch.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

At minimum turn off the house main breaker so it doesn't backfeed into the system.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          At minimum turn off the house main breaker so it doesn't backfeed into the system.

I do. Been doing it this way for a long time. Turn off the main and all breakers, plug in generator to dryer and then turn on the breakers I need.

Comment

[emoji106] thank you for being safe.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
              I backfired my panel though my 30A dryer plug. Can I use one of the RV surge protectors that go on the end of the cord to clean up the power and protect my electronics from the surging, or do I need a clean power surge protector for each electronic device to plug into?

No, you need an inverter, or a ups, or a voltage regulator.. surge protectors merely stop surges, they dont regulate voltage or rpm like an inverter generator.
              Please dont advise other people how to create suicide cords and illegally wire generator connections.
              Last edited by Zmaxhunter; 06-22-2021, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X