USPS….the latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USPS….the latest

So our beloved Postal Service is losing thousands daily because they are incompetent and unionized to the nth degree so they want us to cough up more money.

The latest is a new charge if UPS or FedEx drops a package off at the post office for you. I live in the country and have no mailbox to get ran over or destroyed on purpose. I also have an electric gate because for twenty years or more there was no one home during the day. We live three miles out of town and my wife passes the PO twice a day so no biggie to have a PO box. Now, the PO is charging postage on packages as if they were sent parcel post ! All they have to do is accept the package from whatever carrier it was shipped with, then hand it to you but they are charging as if it rode on gubment trucks and went through all the postal hoops. In essence you’re paying shipping twice, but only getting it once. Typical gubment crap ! It’s fairly unhandy for us to have packages sent straight to our house but that’s what has to happen now. Today we have a shipment of insulin hanging out somewhere that may or may not get here on time. Sheesh !

Your tax dollars hard @ work!

Comment

Hear they are going up almost 20% on stamps. I have forced myself to learn how to pay bills with the bank online. After a month I love it and should of figured it out years ago...

Comment

If I didn't have to use USPS for certain things, I wouldn't. They are horrible! I'm sorry if this offends anyone but they are. They are lazy, inefficient and honestly most are rude. I deal with all of the major curriers and Fedex and UPS at least will come in and chat for a few and I've seen those guys bust their *****es.

Every USPS person I've known is a slug, has no motivation and just a drain.

Sorry...

Comment

I can understand USPS charging something for having to store and handle your packages. You may be the type of person that will pick up your package the same day but I'm sure some people may let it set there for several days while they are on vacation.

Comment

First of all, I don't WANT UPS or FedEx dropping my pkg off to the USPS, its just something they all decided to do FOR ME where I didn't have decision in it. Stuff is ALWAYS delayed when they drop my stuff off because the USPS is so incompetent !!!! Amazon included in doing drop-offs.

Nextly, how can you be losing money when you're no longer hiring competent people and pay them nothing to do a menial job, plus you no longer do local deliveries from the local PO but rather send all your work to district offices for sorting, then cry about being in 'the hole', money-wise?

Geeezz, so wish these people would've been shut down forever back in the Obama days.

Comment

Will you actually get your package? Or will it be lost by USPS?

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
                If I didn't have to use USPS for certain things, I wouldn't. They are horrible! I'm sorry if this offends anyone but they are. They are lazy, inefficient and honestly most are rude. I deal with all of the major curriers and Fedex and UPS at least will come in and chat for a few and I've seen those guys bust their *****es.

Sorry...
                I personally have Never had that bad attitude problem with USPS but I’m not a city dweller either.

And I’m sorry to inform you but every service is horrible now! UPS- that’s a laugh and FedX is almost as bad! At least with USPS you can call them and they will answer the phone -From the post office! You can’t do that with UPS or FEDX- they send you straight to a call center in India or Malaysia in which you will get No Where and that’s what they want!
                I do agree with the Union Crappola though!

Comment

No one's mentioned Prime

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieSmalls View Post

Sorry...
                    100% and this could be said for a lot of Federal employees

Comment

Ordered a box of bullets from Midway USA last month. They were shipped Priority Mail 2 day. I calculated and the post office had them in their possession for exactly 13 days and they were delivered on day 14. I wonder what it would have been had it not been "priority'?

Comment

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
                        Ordered a box of bullets from Midway USA last month. They were shipped Priority Mail 2 day. I calculated and the post office had them in their possession for exactly 13 days and they were delivered on day 14. I wonder what it would have been had it not been "priority'?
                        It’s ThUh CoViD , didn’t you know? Lolol
                        They are all still using this excuse.

Comment

I prefer shipping things through the "Pack and Go" type local stores. They actually ship through USPS, Fedex, or UPS but it is almost always SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper!

Comment

UPS and USPS same same. Both suck camel's thingys. I recently ranted about a package shipped to Dallas, then to Houston then back to Dallas before being delivered to my house 15 miles away.
                            Took almost 2 weeks.
                            Last edited by muzzlebrake; 06-18-2021, 10:59 AM.

Comment

FYI, don't buy from MidwayUSA if you expect to get it on time or at all. They only use UPS.

Comment

Working...
                              X