Need Help Milling out AR Lowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m needing to find someone that has the capability to mill out some AR lowers that I’ve inherited. I know this is a niche gig but would appreciate a lead around the Houston area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol

Comment

An uncle of mine passed away and left me some. If they’re unusable or illegal let me know. Appreciate replies that are relevant
      Last edited by TexanDuke; 04-10-2021, 08:55 PM.

Comment

If they are 80% lowers then you can just buy the jig and drill bits and do it yourself, pretty easy to do especially if they are poly ones if the are Billet ones same process just a little slii oh slower going but both doable with a handheld drill.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
          An uncle of mine passed away and left me some. If they’re unusable or illegal let me know. Appreciate replies that are relevant
          I’m sorry to hear about your uncle. I think the reason for the LOL was because of the “crackdown” on “build parties.” When 80% lowers first came out, they were popular in Calif for obvious reasons. Shops out there would have “build parties” where they would charge $50 or so for a class and teach you how to mill your lower using their machine. ATF decided this crossed the line and the shop was manufacture the lowers.

Because of this, some people are hesitant to help others. YouTube 80% lower and you’ll find videos on how it’s done, usually with a jig, drill or drill press, and router. Having a milling machine is a bonus.

Comment

Better hurry. Biden is writing executive orders to control them. Looks like it will be a few weeks till done and signed from what I can tell. Many, many people have done them and it's legal asong as you are doing it for yourself. That being said, "help" could very easily be construed as doing it, so be careful. I have had several people ask me to help or allow them to use my machines, but quite frankly I'm scared of the possible repercussions and don't allow it. Just not worth the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
              I’m needing to find someone that has the capability to mill out some AR lowers that I’ve inherited. I know this is a niche gig but would appreciate a lead around the Houston area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              from my understanding it is NOT legal to mill a lower and "give it to someone "
              so IF someone mills your lower or lowers it would be a crime .

Comment

It’s very easy to do. Sorry for your struggle

Comment

Working...
                X