Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2021, 06:10 PM   #1201
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Bob, use your sarcasm font next time. They always take your bait.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I thought could but typed would. Lol.

It's really not that far off from could.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 06:14 PM   #1202
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Horns can go 2-10 and they will be a top ten in preseason polls the following year, happens every single year. Lol at Ags losing to 50% of the Big12 teams.
When you have top 5-10 classes every year(or back to back #3) that happens. The problem has been crappy head coaches. They have the talent as does A&M.

Lol at Texas losing to all but 3 SEC teams.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 07:12 PM   #1203
c3products20
Ten Point
 
c3products20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
If that triggered you, you definitely donít want to look at the horn odds vs sec.
Yea, that guy is one some good stuff!
c3products20 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 07:17 PM   #1204
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3products20 View Post
Yea, that guy is one some good stuff!
Huh?
oktx is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 07:27 PM   #1205
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default College Football Summer Ramp Up...

It would be pretty dumb to stay at this point, but based on this evenings news. The concessions Big 12 institutions are supposedly willing to makeÖ is a huge chunk of the pie.


If itís about money, they can stay and get filthy rich.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 07:45 PM   #1206
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point
 
CoolHandLuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Del Rio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Check the pre season FPI. Aggy 6. Texas 7.

Aggy would lose 4 in the Big 12 this year at least maybe 5.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Alive said some dumb ****, but this takes the cake! Read what u wrote!
CoolHandLuke is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 07:49 PM   #1207
gekko man
Ten Point
 
gekko man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Hunt In: Erath County and Llano County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
It would be pretty dumb to stay at this point, but based on this evenings news. The concessions Big 12 institutions are supposedly willing to makeÖ is a huge chunk of the pie.


If itís about money, they can stay and get filthy rich.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Itís not about the money is it?

Itís about keeping the talent in state and allowing the universities to compete at the highest levels. Competing at the highest levels keeps the talent in state and allows Texas to compete with the Alabamas and Ohio States of college football.

I have a stadium bucket list and this would help me fill that list. It may be a tough schedule but Texas has the talent to compete and will build on that talent.

Itís a great fit and where college football is headedÖSuper Conferences!
gekko man is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 07:51 PM   #1208
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekko man View Post
Itís not about the money is it?



Itís about keeping the talent in state and allowing the universities to compete at the highest levels. Competing at the highest levels keeps the talent in state and allows Texas to compete with the Alabamas and Ohio States of college football.



I have a stadium bucket list and this would help me fill that list. It may be a tough schedule but Texas has the talent to compete and will build on that talent.



Itís a great fit and where college football is headedÖSuper Conferences!


Agreed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 07:56 PM   #1209
Michael
Administrator
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home: Hallettsville, TX Photo/Video: Sony A7S III
Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
I thought could but typed would. Lol.

It's really not that far off from could.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk


LOL! I was wondering where you found that big bait you were trolling!

With new OL and QB, the Ags definitely COULD take a step back this season. Fortunately, theyíll have a couple of seasons to gel before facing the Big XII gauntlet!

Although irrelevant, I would expect OU to be favored against all but Bama this season. Iím already on record as saying I think OU is going to be a monster this season. I believe Phil Steele has them as the eventual champions. They have more proven OL and QB than Bama, too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 08:11 PM   #1210
SC-001
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
It would be pretty dumb to stay at this point, but based on this evenings news. The concessions Big 12 institutions are supposedly willing to makeÖ is a huge chunk of the pie.


If itís about money, they can stay and get filthy rich.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Talk about a miserable marriage if they were to stay in the Big 12.
SC-001 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 08:16 PM   #1211
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
It would be pretty dumb to stay at this point, but based on this evenings news. The concessions Big 12 institutions are supposedly willing to make… is a huge chunk of the pie.


If it’s about money, they can stay and get filthy rich.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Man extra revenue would further alienate both those teams within the Big 12.....translated, OU would get a pass and Texas would get all the blame.
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 08:20 PM   #1212
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Man extra revenue would further alienate both those teams within the Big 12.....translated, OU would get a pass and Texas would get all the blame.


Thatís already taking place,


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 08:29 PM   #1213
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
That’s already taking place,


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro



True true....as always nobody else is ever at fault
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 09:03 PM   #1214
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FBG
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
It would be pretty dumb to stay at this point, but based on this evenings news. The concessions Big 12 institutions are supposedly willing to make… is a huge chunk of the pie.


If it’s about money, they can stay and get filthy rich.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's a done deal. No going back unless the $ reaches $100M a year for Texas.
Take Dead Aim is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2021, 09:20 PM   #1215
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
It's a done deal. No going back unless the $ reaches $100M a year for Texas.


No doubt


https://twitter.com/petethamel/statu...588739588?s=21


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 08:57 AM   #1216
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
LOL! I was wondering where you found that big bait you were trolling!

With new OL and QB, the Ags definitely COULD take a step back this season. Fortunately, theyíll have a couple of seasons to gel before facing the Big XII gauntlet!

Although irrelevant, I would expect OU to be favored against all but Bama this season. Iím already on record as saying I think OU is going to be a monster this season. I believe Phil Steele has them as the eventual champions. They have more proven OL and QB than Bama, too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thread died so I figured I'd discuss this again. Lol.

Remember the every year 1-2 teams that start top 10 finish out of the top 25 thing? It happens.

Oklahoma and Iowa State. Top 10 teams.

Texas. Rivalry game. Even talent. No telling how that one would go.

Oklahoma State and TCU will be competitive.

Did you see the comment I replied to?



Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 09:12 AM   #1217
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

If the horns and sooners decide to remain where they are I do not see the invitation to join the SEC happening again.
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 09:20 AM   #1218
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 09:26 AM   #1219
160class
Ten Point
 
160class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boerne, TX
Hunt In: Searching..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So I could be reading this wrong, it wouldn't be the firs time.. But they are planning on staying put till 2025 and then they will be making the jump?

If that's the case, that's crazy, unless this is them parlaying into the B1G or a bidding war for the conferences.
160class is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 09:28 AM   #1220
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 160class View Post
So I could be reading this wrong, it wouldn't be the firs time.. But they are planning on staying put till 2025 and then they will be making the jump?



If that's the case, that's crazy, unless this is them parlaying into the B1G or a bidding war for the conferences.


No, theyíre playing the legal game. They have filed for divorce. Time to negotiate.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 09:29 AM   #1221
160class
Ten Point
 
160class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boerne, TX
Hunt In: Searching..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
No, theyíre playing the legal game. They have filed for divorce. Time to negotiate.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That would make sense also, I was about to say idk how they can stay that long after A&M leaked it out there.
160class is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 09:32 AM   #1222
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 160class View Post
That would make sense also, I was about to say idk how they can stay that long after A&M leaked it out there.


Could you imagine if they would have dropped this without the leak, that was the plan. Today moving forward will still be entertaining, but heads would be spinning right now had it not leaked.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 09:34 AM   #1223
160class
Ten Point
 
160class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boerne, TX
Hunt In: Searching..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Could you imagine if they would have dropped this without the leak, that was the plan. Today moving forward will still be entertaining, but heads would be spinning right now had it not leaked.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It would be last week all over again ha but with more questions!

Looking forward to the added games and the baseball matchups!
160class is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 10:25 AM   #1224
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

I think it was a genius move on part of the SEC. I'm worried about my little Buckeyes now. We make a ton of money with the Big 10, but with the eventual domination of the SEC changing the landscape, I fear just sitting back and doing nothing.

Worst would be the idiot West Coast market crap. I absolutely hate all of that nonsense with the PAC 12. They are horrible. 9-10 pm kickoffs with teams on the east coast timezone seems like a disaster.
jer_james is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 10:27 AM   #1225
SC-001
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Default

I would love to know if Mulky at Baylor got tipped off about this 3 months ago, her all of a sudden bolting to LSU was really odd.
SC-001 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 10:29 AM   #1226
SC-001
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
I think it was a genius move on part of the SEC. I'm worried about my little Buckeyes now. We make a ton of money with the Big 10, but with the eventual domination of the SEC changing the landscape, I fear just sitting back and doing nothing.

Worst would be the idiot West Coast market crap. I absolutely hate all of that nonsense with the PAC 12. They are horrible. 9-10 pm kickoffs with teams on the east coast timezone seems like a disaster.
Don't be surprised is Ohio State, Michigan etc. join the SEC when this all shuffles out, its a chess match at this point.
SC-001 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 10:39 AM   #1227
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

This was a nearly 18 month process, talk of any other schools from other conferences doing anything is realignment click bait at this juncture. This move has been carefully orchestrated with a timeline on how it will play out.

I'm curious who jumps next, I'm going to guess WV.
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 10:50 AM   #1228
waterdog
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

anyone think the big12 will collapse before 2025?
waterdog is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 10:51 AM   #1229
SC-001
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Default

The problem is the ACC doesn't want them, they've already told them no twice. I think Cincy has a better shot to get into the ACC than WVU, Finebaum said the same thing last week and ACC will hold the last spot for Notre Dame until eternity.
SC-001 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 10:53 AM   #1230
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
anyone think the big12 will collapse before 2025?


Technically, 4 more need to jump ship. The clock is ticking.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #1231
SC-001
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
anyone think the big12 will collapse before 2025?
Depends if there is more money to be made by holding together from OU/UT exit or joining another conference. I think I read somewhere the bylaws state as few as only 4 teams can remain and still receive exit fees from the others. It would be in the best interest of the teams leaving to help find landing spots for at least 5 of the remaining teams.
SC-001 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #1232
SC-001
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Technically, 4 more need to jump ship. The clock is ticking.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think its 5
SC-001 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:01 AM   #1233
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-001 View Post
I think its 5


6 total thatís more than half. That was my understanding.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:05 AM   #1234
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Bosque Brown Freestone Hill Navarro Counties
Default

There's not really a good spot currently for most of these other teams, Kansas could find a spot, West Virginia I don't really think so. 7 will probably stick together for awhile and pull or merge with American conference.
bossbowman is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:08 AM   #1235
narco1
Eight Point
 
narco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kyle, TX
Hunt In: Gillispie Co
Default

TTU, Ok St, Baylor, Kansas and possibly KSU to AAC
narco1 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:10 AM   #1236
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Bosque Brown Freestone Hill Navarro Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narco1 View Post
ttu, ok st, baylor, ksu and possibly kansas to aac
fify
bossbowman is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:10 AM   #1237
narco1
Eight Point
 
narco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kyle, TX
Hunt In: Gillispie Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
fify
Where do you think Kansas goes?
narco1 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:12 AM   #1238
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Bosque Brown Freestone Hill Navarro Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narco1 View Post
Where do you think Kansas goes?
Big 10, KSU is the weakest state school in the Big 12
bossbowman is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:12 AM   #1239
raider19
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default

It's all about the money and TV rights. Nothing else. Greed is a funny thing. Sucks for those like me that have always enjoyed the Texas school rivalries and playing each other every yr. I'm sure the folks in Stillwater are extremely ****** their dance partner just betrayed them.
raider19 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:15 AM   #1240
narco1
Eight Point
 
narco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kyle, TX
Hunt In: Gillispie Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
Big 10, KSU is the weakest state school in the Big 12
Guess that will be determined the direction the Big 10 wants to go. If they want to improve football prestige to stay with SEC then Kansas is out

Last edited by narco1; 07-26-2021 at 11:18 AM.
narco1 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:16 AM   #1241
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

I read something about the AAC becoming the 5th so called power 5. Something about the success of a few teams the last few years and the teams added.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:18 AM   #1242
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Bosque Brown Freestone Hill Navarro Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narco1 View Post
Guess that will be the direction the Big 10 wants to go. If they want to improve football prestige to stay with SEC then Kansas is out
There are no strong football schools left, they go to the next metric fan base size for ratings and basketball, Kansas wins.
bossbowman is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:21 AM   #1243
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Bosque Brown Freestone Hill Navarro Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
I read something about the AAC becoming the 5th so called power 5. Something about the success of a few teams the last few years and the teams added.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
They've been screaming they are in the Power 6 for years now, it was one of their main marketing points
bossbowman is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:27 AM   #1244
narco1
Eight Point
 
narco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kyle, TX
Hunt In: Gillispie Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
There are no strong football schools left, they go to the next metric fan base size for ratings and basketball, Kansas wins.
Kansas obviously holds value in basketball and that could land them in the Big 10. I think there is a possibility with UT & OU moving this could create a huge domino effect for other conferences "poaching" in an attempt to match the SEC in football since it is the biggest market.

Time will tell
narco1 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:30 AM   #1245
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
6 total thatís more than half. That was my understanding.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is my understanding as well. This is the only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope for TCU. If 4 of these teams find landing spots, they can dissolve the conference and TX/OU don't have to pay anything. The CDC connection could ultimately pay off for TCU in that aspect. Unless TX/OU think they can get out of it legally........
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:30 AM   #1246
bklem
Ten Point
 
bklem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Comfort
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
I read something about the AAC becoming the 5th so called power 5. Something about the success of a few teams the last few years and the teams added.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
This is exactly what is going on behind closed doors. AAC and whatís left of Big 12 are discussing some form of combining and becoming a Power 5 conference. The problem is that there is no one to give them a definitive answer and who do you trust? Donít think it will happen but one can hope.
bklem is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:31 AM   #1247
SC-001
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narco1 View Post
Kansas obviously holds value in basketball and that could land them in the Big 10. I think there is a possibility with UT & OU moving this could create a huge domino effect for other conferences "poaching" in an attempt to match the SEC in football since it is the biggest market.

Time will tell
PAC is the weakest, I could see BIG 10 poaching USC, you could also see some of the Biggest BIG 10 football schools defecting to the SEC.
SC-001 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:35 AM   #1248
raider19
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
This is my understanding as well. This is the only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope for TCU. If 4 of these teams find landing spots, they can dissolve the conference and TX/OU don't have to pay anything. The CDC connection could ultimately pay off for TCU in that aspect. Unless TX/OU think they can get out of it legally........
If I am the rest of the schools, I play in a make shift conference until 2025 making TX/OU pay the 70-75 mil to get out. I don't make it easy on them. Meanwhile, negotiate with another conference to find a landing spot.
raider19 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:42 AM   #1249
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider19 View Post
If I am the rest of the schools, I play in a make shift conference until 2025 making TX/OU pay the 70-75 mil to get out. I don't make it easy on them. Meanwhile, negotiate with another conference to find a landing spot.
That would be nice but that's a dangerous game of chicken IMO.
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2021, 11:51 AM   #1250
raider19
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
That would be nice but that's a dangerous game of chicken IMO.
Agree with you. It's a gamble
raider19 is offline   Back To The Top
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com