Hand foot and mouth. Any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand foot and mouth. Any help?

Daughter got it from school. Doc said it’s rare that adults get it. Well I got it BAD BAD. I have a fairly high pain tolerance and I broke down and went to the ER this morning not knowing what was wrong. Huge rash of it on my back. Arms. Chest. Feet. Hands. Nose. It’s the worst pain I’ve felt in my life.

Doc gave me a bottle of codene pills. 325 mg. Ain’t phased it yet. Used calamine lotion after soaking in lavender epsom salt. That SLIGHTLY helped.

Anyone dealt with this? Remedy? I’m desperate here. Do still have to pass a DOT drug test for work so not THAT desperate

Y’all helped with the rona big time. Don’t fail me now!

Wow, sorry you’re going through this. I didn’t even know what it was, never heard of it, had to look it up. First search didn’t provide any help. Pain meds is all they suggest. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      Wow, sorry you’re going through this. I didn’t even know what it was, never heard of it, had to look it up. First search didn’t provide any help. Pain meds is all they suggest. Sorry.
      I didn’t know anything about it either. I washed my hands a lot and used sanitizer before it was all the rave . I try to stay clean. People are gross. Think I got it from the water park. Places are nasty

Comment

Fairly common in young kids in day care. Sucks for adults.

Comment

Dang man that sounds nasty. Get well soon.

Comment

Happened to me too a few years back. It was the worst sick I’ve ever been.

Nothing you can do except stay hydrated. It too about 3-4 weeks to fully get over it. I was 75% better after about 7 days.

Comment

I didn’t get a big rash. It was the constant 103 fever for 4 days that was bad

Comment

Those dang Odessa folks and their dang cooties spreadin' it around the good parts of Texas ...

Comment

Dang…
                  You know if you were a horse or cow I would probably have to shoot you?…

Comment

Dang it man! Your gonna be immune to every disease know to man if this keeps up. No advice here bro but I prayed for healing for y’all.

Comment

Ouch... no help except suck it up. It affected my stomach mostly for me when I got it, and could find NO comfort, was awful. Most unbearable pain and really messed .e up for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                        Dang it man! Your gonna be immune to every disease know to man if this keeps up. No advice here bro but I prayed for healing for y’all.
                        And I never used to get sick! Crazy

Comment

Hope you get over it quick.

Did a check just to see if Ivermectin had been tested against the FMDV. Here’s a link on it. According to the study, it did show to be effective in reducing the replication stage of the virus.

Comment

Heavenly Father, I give thanks again today for Ivermectin and the like…Amen !

Comment

It’s inflammatory so take 800mg of Ibuprofen…. That’s a bad deal, sure hate that for ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X