Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-24-2021, 09:24 AM   #1001
Chad C
Pope & Young

Lol, just basketball. Itís funny to watch everyoneís attempts to be snarky around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 09:27 AM   #1002
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Finebaum reported it, he held back some but I think he's correct, it's also been reported by local media.

Do I think A&M leadership was happy about it, no. Do I think they went along without arguing, no. I also think there are several Regents who may have been brought in late in the game and are still upset by it.

But I don't think the SEC would make a change like this without brining all the schools in on it especially A&M in this instance. That's just not how you run a strong organization.
SEC originally came to Texas and OU at the end of 2019 about joining. At that point the SEC had all but three schools verbal approval. The three they didn't have had zero clue anything was going down. Those three are TAMU, Mizzo, and Arky. I know why they left TAMU and Mizzo out of the discussion not sure on Ary. Early in 2020 Texas and OU responded to SEC and said they were both highly interested and needed to figure out all aspects before going public. SEC agreed to shut down discussion on everything....and apparently they did a great job of it.

Fast forward to a few months ago. ESPN, SEC, Texas and somewhat OU had worked out everything. Texas lets LHN go but gets paid remainder of contract for dismantling. ESPN verbally agrees what new contracts will be with Texas and OU added. Its a huge number to everyone involved conference wide.

At that point Texas and OU tell Fox and everyone else they will not discuss TV rights at this time. Which at "this time" was the time they were supposed to renegotiate. That was the fire red flag that really everyone missed including myself. I thought to myself that it was odd not to renegotiate when it was your time. I never thought a decision on new conference had been made.

This is when the last three in SEC were notified of the new teams being added. They were also asked to keep it on the down low. For some reason TAMU decided to leak the story hours before Jimbo stepped up to the podium. This is still dumbfounding to me. As it left Jimbo talking about Texas and OU instead of his team for the majority of the time. I'm not sure why they thought that was a good idea. I will spill more beans as I am given them. Nothing new to report at this moment other than UT and OU are 99% in the SEC. I leave the 1% as nothing has been signed but everyone involved is chomping at the bit to move forward.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 09:29 AM   #1003
James
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Lol, just basketball. Itís funny to watch everyoneís attempts to be snarky around here.

This is a college football thread. Do you want to go in great detail of every dang sport?
James is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 09:34 AM   #1004
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
That's the attitude that drove 4 schools from the Big 12 and the attitude that destroyed the Big 12 ultimately.

Good luck in the SEC.
You know why you are wrong? Because Aggies started the smack talk about the Texas football program and Austin. I merely asked a question.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 09:44 AM   #1005
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Ags will not be in Horns shadows for many years in football with Jimbo. Horns will be the little brother that followed us. Iím seriously not worried about football one bit. Yea recruiting will change some but you guys canít win with 5 stars against Big 12 schools with good coaches and 2 star players.
Good article that came out last month why Horns will continue to suck until they make big changes at the top. Look what Mac Brown has accomplished with way less resources away from that dumpster fire.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....-behind-rivals

In Basketball, yes 100% horns will dominate.
Or Sarkisian is the right coach and the SEC recruiting bump will elevate Texas classes to Ohio State and Alabama level. 5-8 5 star kids per class. No 3 stars.

Y'all still have a great coach and a program on the rise. Perhaps both can be good at the same time for the first time ever.

Old 07-24-2021, 09:48 AM   #1006
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
You know why you are wrong? Because Aggies started the smack talk about the Texas football program and Austin. I merely asked a question.

The question is the problem, the assumption of your question is that the Longhorns are the only school in the room with value is the problem. It's what destroyed the Big 12 and will continue to perpetuate the "cesspool" in Austin till it changes.

Welcome to the SEC, you are just one of the many. I look forward to many Thanksgiving day games in Kyle field against the longhorns.
Dave is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 09:52 AM   #1007
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Iíll be curious to see if and how this changes current recruiting for (22 and 23 cycles), especially if the jump is before 2025. Does this cause some flips, not only within the Big XII and SEC, but also kids committed to PAC12, B1G or ACC that now want to be a part of SEC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 09:58 AM   #1008
Michael
Administrator

Josh Pate (a self proclaimed SEC guy) thinks, overall, this is bad for college football. If looking beyond the broader scope of my school and the SEC,I think Iíd have to agree. There are a whole lot more losers than winners with this move.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:58 AM   #1009
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

Horn going to Horn

Fool me onceÖ.,

Brock Middlebrook is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 09:59 AM   #1010
bigbad243
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fredericksburg and Hye Texas

Quote:
The question is the problem, the assumption of your question is that the Longhorns are the only school in the room with value is the problem. It's what destroyed the Big 12 and will continue to perpetuate the "cesspool" in Austin till it changes.

Welcome to the SEC, you are just one of the many. I look forward to many Thanksgiving day games in Kyle field against the longhorns.
Literally only Aggy feels this way.
bigbad243 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 10:02 AM   #1011
Chad C
Pope & Young

The SEC added somewhere around 650 million in brand value with the addition of A&M and Mizzou. The Ags brand value has grown to that alone over the last 10 years.

They will be adding nearly 2 billion in brand value with the additions of Texas/OU.

As for Texas competing, I have never seen a team beat themselves as bad as under the leadership of the last two staffs.

New President, New AD, New HC. Sooner or later theyíll find their way. Bama wander in the wilderness for a period. Paul can attest to that.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:05 AM   #1012
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:

Man you're swinging and missing all over the place. Dude said the SEC would not or should not take Texas because their football program was trash. I asked because the A&M football program was no better when the SEC took them. I followed that up with positive comments about the current state of the A&M program. Show me one positive comment about the Texas program by an Aggie on here.

We have another negative one in the post I quoted.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:23 AM   #1013
Chad C
Pope & Young

Clandestine,

https://twitter.com/rcb05/status/141...784026120?s=21

Old 07-24-2021, 10:28 AM   #1014
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3products20 View Post
This was my point all along. Hopefully for ya'lls sake he gets you back to being a decent program but I think it's more than a coach.
@Burntorange Bowhunter
c3products20 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 10:28 AM   #1015
Aggiehunter08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

When does almighty Texas officially enter SEC?
Aggiehunter08 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 10:34 AM   #1016
James
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Quote:
Man you're swinging and missing all over the place. Dude said the SEC would not or should not take Texas because their football program was trash. I asked because the A&M football program was no better when the SEC took them. I followed that up with positive comments about the current state of the A&M program. Show me one positive comment about the Texas program by an Aggie on here.

We have another negative one in the post I quoted.

Wrong. I said SEC should not take TU because they are a cancer to every conference they are in. Their school, beliefs, Austin and everything about them does not fit in the SEC culture. Their football program being trash isnít the issue.

Iíve said it multiple times, Iíll say it again. I would like to renew the rivalry and play every year. I just do not want Sips in the SEC.

Its like finally getting away from a pyscho crazy ex abusive Girlfriend, moving into a nice neighborhood with a bunch of great neighbors then someone telling me hey your crazy ex is moving in after being away from ten years and you have to live with her again.
James is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 10:34 AM   #1017
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

Quote:
Exactly. Not one comment in here about adding power house OU. Ags and SEC are not afraid of competition. OU would be a great fit. No one wants Texas.

Sips are like every Californian moving to TX. We ****ed up our own conference so bad letís move to a new conference... and once we get there, we will do everything in our power to change it to how we want it to be. That school in Austin represents everything that is wrong in this country.

All the beautiful college towns in the SE we get to visit and tailgate, letís add the most liberal school and City in the South. We can step over Hobo Hippies everywhere with students running around swinging dildos. Not a good fit in the SEC

I want Texas an i think theyíd be a good fit for the sec

drop dead fred is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 10:38 AM   #1018
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
@Burntorange Bowhunter
I stand corrected.

Thanks.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:41 AM   #1019
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
Bull****! No one is coveting the tu football program. Itís trash! Maybe ou but not tu.
I wasn't wrong.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:47 AM   #1020
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Wrong. I said SEC should not take TU because they are a cancer to every conference they are in. Their school, beliefs, Austin and everything about them does not fit in the SEC culture. Their football program being trash isnít the issue.

Iíve said it multiple times, Iíll say it again. I would like to renew the rivalry and play every year. I just do not want Sips in the SEC.

Its like finally getting away from a pyscho crazy ex abusive Girlfriend, moving into a nice neighborhood with a bunch of great neighbors then someone telling me hey your crazy ex is moving in after being away from ten years and you have to live with her again.
I think of it more like a psycho cousin than an ex. We didn't choose to be "related" to UT and it's looking like we may never be able to be seperated from each other no matter how hard we try!!
Old 07-24-2021, 10:48 AM   #1021
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

Hereís a positive

We can finally be able to play the game and stop with the hypotheticals of we would destroy, youíre not that good, conference is just top heavy, we beat team X and you lost to a team that Team X beat type banter.

Iím in the boat letís play the game. Iím not getting any younger and the kids need to experience this rival game. I think I had a run of 15 straight years going to both home and away games. So much fun.

Brock Middlebrook is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 10:49 AM   #1022
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Old 07-24-2021, 10:54 AM   #1023
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

What if, perhaps A&M is the psycho one?

Old 07-24-2021, 11:05 AM   #1024
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post

I chuckled
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 11:16 AM   #1025
Bama
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stovallcustomknives facebook

So does this mean we can all chant Sec,Sec ,Sec and Texas and Oklahoma can root for us in the National Championship game like A&M ?
Bama is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 11:20 AM   #1026
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
So does this mean we can all chant Sec,Sec ,Sec and Texas and Oklahoma can root for us in the National Championship game like A&M ?
No.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:30 AM   #1027
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:

Negative ghost rider, the pattern is fullÖ

Old 07-24-2021, 11:31 AM   #1028
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people

Quote:

Iím going to throat punch anybody in my section that starts an SEC chant.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 11:34 AM   #1029
Aggiehunter08
Pope & Young

Didn't see this posted yet.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:38 AM   #1030
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Iíll be curious to see if and how this changes current recruiting for (22 and 23 cycles), especially if the jump is before 2025. Does this cause some flips, not only within the Big XII and SEC, but also kids committed to PAC12, B1G or ACC that now want to be a part of SEC.

It wonít have a huge affect until the dates are announced when they enter the conference. Texas had a 2022 5 star that was going to commit as soon as the news broke but then realized it may not be until 2025 and heíd be in the league by then.

Iím sure the current message from current SEC guys is Texas / OU wonít be in the conference for years.

The message out of Austin and Norman, itís going to happen next season. The sooner that information is set in stone, thatís when the recruiting changes.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:38 AM   #1031
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
What if, perhaps A&M is the psycho one?

It's quite obvious that is the case, from you, heath, dale and smarts POV.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:45 AM   #1032
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
It's quite obvious that is the case, from you, heath, dale and smarts POV.
Let's see what the LSU boys have to say. Lol.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:46 AM   #1033
erikm1981
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post

X100000

erikm1981 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 11:55 AM   #1034
Aggiehunter08
Pope & Young

UFC ready to start handing out contracts once they see all these Texas brawlers at SEC games
Old 07-24-2021, 11:59 AM   #1035
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:

Weíre just glad to see yíall reunited

Old 07-24-2021, 12:00 PM   #1036
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:

Most Cajuns I know are pretty honest, straight shooting, guys... Im sure they won't approve of going around doing sneaky deals behind people's backs.
Old 07-24-2021, 12:11 PM   #1037
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

From what I’ve read, the entire SEC was in the know except for one school.
oktx is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 12:15 PM   #1038
Michael
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post

Better start training...it WILL happen (and is going to be awesome when it happens in the first game at JJFADKRWMS!

Itís funny that yíall seem to think the ďSECĒchant began at A&M in 2011.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:16 PM   #1039
c3products20
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
From what Iíve read, the entire SEC was in the know except for one school.
If that is the case. We will have more motivation this year than any team in modern history. You wanna talk about a chip on your shoulder!!
Old 07-24-2021, 12:16 PM   #1040
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Most Cajuns I know are pretty honest, straight shooting, guys... Im sure they won't approve of going around doing sneaky deals behind people's backs.
You mean like the one the SEC is doing?

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-24-2021 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-24-2021, 12:20 PM   #1041
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
From what Iíve read, the entire SEC was in the know except for one school.

If true then the greater question to ponder on is WHY?

Old 07-24-2021, 12:21 PM   #1042
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Better start training...it WILL happen (and is going to be awesome when it happens in the first game at JJFADKRWMS!

Nah. We know it was before that.

January 2009. Steamboat. Texas v Alabama for the championship. The big soorts bar in town was a sea of burnt orange. After the game some chic stood up in her booth and started dancing while chanting SEC. Everyone moaned and groaned while exiting.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:21 PM   #1043
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:

The sec cares about no ones feelings we know that just as well as anyone. They donít protect us i know that

Old 07-24-2021, 12:22 PM   #1044
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:

Lol, the bottom half has always chanted. Itís going to happen. I hear thatís where theyíre headed.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:23 PM   #1045
narco1
Eight Point

Hunt In: Gillispie Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
If true then the greater question to ponder on is WHY?

I think A&M knew but was opposed and their only possible way to stop it was to leak the information.
narco1 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 12:28 PM   #1046
bklem
Ten Point

Quote:
Josh Pate (a self proclaimed SEC guy) thinks, overall, this is bad for college football. If looking beyond the broader scope of my school and the SEC,I think Iíd have to agree. There are a whole lot more losers than winners with this move.

I completely agree but I have little different perspective being an SMU fan. I hate the thought of all the ďlittleĒ guys becoming irrelevant. Iím old school and like the old SWC rivalryís and believe this will be the end of that for the most part. Bad enough for my team but even worse for the Baylorís, Techís, TCUís of the world.
bklem is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 12:28 PM   #1047
c3products20
Ten Point

Either way.... I bet that all gas no breaks thing is going to be in full effect in CS this season! Good thing for you sips we aren't playing each other this year!
Old 07-24-2021, 12:32 PM   #1048
bigbad243
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fredericksburg and Hye Texas

Quote:
If that is the case. We will have more motivation this year than any team in modern history. You wanna talk about a chip on your shoulder!!
Aggyís were born that way. Its a symptom of never winning anything but thinking you have.
bigbad243 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2021, 12:33 PM   #1049
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:

Thereís not a single Texas fan thinks it started with A&M.

Why does A&M fans always jump to the conclusion itís about them?
Old 07-24-2021, 12:40 PM   #1050
Aggiehunter08
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbad243 View Post
Aggyís were born that way. Its a symptom of never winning anything but thinking you have.
People don't go to Texas A&M to root for the football team FYI
Closed Thread