This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Wasn't the 4 super conference plan based on a 4 team playoff? Conference winners in.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Until they realized they could make more money off an expanded playoff than just a 4 team playoff.

Comment

So conference championships would become irrelevant. Odd. I guess they kinda were anyway if the 12 team playoff happens. Perhaps the champs are rewarded with a bye.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-23-2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Comment

Man that about killed me

Looks like it’s all but official at this point with the talks occurring for over 6 months.

Let’s get this party started!

Comment

Wasn't the 4 super conference plan based on a 4 team playoff? Conference winners in.

It is also about breaking away from the NCAA.

Comment

So conference championships would become irrelevant. Odd. I guess they kinda were anyway if the 12 team playoff happens. Perhaps the champs are rewarded with a bye.

So much for your constant only conference champs in playoff spill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                Heather Dinnich (? sp) reported last night that both Texas and Oklahoma will likely have to pay around $75M each to leave the B12. Attorneys will argue and negotiate for less. The final buyout number will be considered miniscule when considering how much money is about to be generated.
                I have seen everything from $70 million to $160 million each. Reading the GOR agreement, it sounds like they would have to pay the equivalent of two years of distribution, which is something like that lower number, but it is confusing enough to not be clear.

Maryland has already gone through this with the move from the ACC to the B1G. They owed $52 million and ended up settling for $31 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  Speaking of change and conference transformation, remember when Tulane and Georgia Tech were members of the SEC ? I do Thought the world was gonna end when they exited stage left ... eventually I got over it. Should the SEC 16-team super-conference come to fruition, 5-10 years from now you will appreciate it. The merger will benefit ALL conference schools in ALL sports.

History is being erased and changed everyday due to MONEY and POLITICS. Amateur sports is a gazillion dollar industry that is primarily controlled by the fans and their support & participation. By allowing sports to be priority #1 and consuming your life, you will end up arguing on message boards with complete strangers while never changing their opinions & beliefs.

20, 30, 40 years from now when you're Burnadell's age and become much wiser , you will ask yourself this question ... WtheF was I doing wasting my valuable time arguing over petty BS.

Fans - will only be the LOSERS if you choose to live in the past and not accept change. There's nothing you, I , or Ray Charles can do to prevent the decisions that are about to be made by University leaders. SEC fans will have to live with the cards your team is dealt, accept reality, and continue focusing on the ultimate goal of winning a National Championship. Fans of any particular University crying over spilt milk and complaining about big brother makes them look like a sore loser.

In honor of the late Mills Lane ....

I just can't imagine you would have the same opinion if the roles were reversed and Bama/Auburn no longer played. No Georgia/Florida, LSU/Bama MSU/Ole Miss, etc. Same as the SEC, certain Big 12/SWC/Boarder Conference schools have played each other since college football was in its earliest days.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                    Don't confuse everyone with the facts.....
                    The facts are definitely the least confusing part of that "paragraph"!

Comment

Goodness there isn’t a more fitting scene in movie history that fits it better! Bon voyage got me good [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        With Texas’ sovereign immunity law in play, Texas can’t be sued for buyout. They will negotiate an exit. Should this get announced Monday or Tuesday, I’d say there’s a good chance 2022 is when the party gets started.

Only the state legislature can waive immunity. The grant of rights provisions are not that easy to enforce against departing members. Not here.
                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        They could sue them in a different state.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                          Oh look, another "die hard" fan that never attended said school. Lol maybe if you studied as hard as you keyboard warrior'd you could've gotten in. And how is this little man syndrome???? Facts are facts bro. It played out how it played out.

Who the **** cares? That stuff is weak and played out. I was the first out of my family to graduate from A&M. My dad went to college for a bit (not A&M), but he supported my decision and rooted for A&M. Should he not have been a fan because he didn’t go there?

I don’t know most if any of these people from Adam, but I’ve been here long enough to see a bunch of these guys step up and offer people help when in need. They seem like good enough people, even if they like wearing burnt Orange.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
                            Who the **** cares? That stuff is weak and played out. I was the first out of my family to graduate from A&M. My dad went to college for a bit (not A&M), but he supported my decision and rooted for A&M. Should he not have been a fan because he didn’t go there?

I don’t know most if any of these people from Adam, but I’ve been here long enough to see a bunch of these guys step up and offer people help when in need. They seem like good enough people, even if they like wearing burnt Orange.

Haha Cry me a river lol. It was clearly a play on UT Walmart T-shirt fans. You know, they say Aggies like sheep, Raiders have rash, UT are t-shirt fans... And most of us go back further than this thread. We all got acquainted on the college baseball thread. Aggies/Longhorns/Red Raiders bust each others balls. Is what it is.

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Originally posted by El General View Post
                              They could sue them in a different state.

Highly unlikely to be heard

The Mike Leach saga is a good follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Last edited by Chad C; 07-23-2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I just cant Believe the Horns are willing to give up the 15 yard Horn Down penalty

Comment

Working...
                                X