This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
    ND has a huge role in the upcoming musical chair abolishment of the big 12 (assuming this is all heading towards a super-conference structure of 4 leagues with 16 teams each)

SEC needs 2 - Let's assume OU and texas
    PAC needs 4 - tech, baylor, tcu, osu

BIG10 needs 2- isu, ksu
    ACC needs 2 - ks, wv

If ND wants any of the above spots then one big 12 team will be left holding a bag!
    You think the PAC would take on the religious schools?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
      I don't.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And B1G isn't taking both states.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Alabama will not be every year. You forgot Arkansas.

If there is an out of division rival going forward, Bama would lose theirs as they might be in a division with their old cross division rival under some of the current models.

Last edited by Brock Middlebrook; 07-23-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
              Only scenario I see them taking them is if they fear they might be raided by the Big 10 or do get raided by the Big 10. I could see Big 10 doing that before taking Big 12 leftovers. There is also some talk if Big 10 offered Mizzou they would leave the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                I get change is inevitable .... Too much history to just erase..... Lots of fans are gonna be the ultimate losers here.
                Speaking of change and conference transformation, remember when Tulane and Georgia Tech were members of the SEC ? I do Thought the world was gonna end when they exited stage left ... eventually I got over it. Should the SEC 16-team super-conference come to fruition, 5-10 years from now you will appreciate it. The merger will benefit ALL conference schools in ALL sports.

History is being erased and changed everyday due to MONEY and POLITICS. Amateur sports is a gazillion dollar industry that is primarily controlled by the fans and their support & participation. By allowing sports to be priority #1 and consuming your life, you will end up arguing on message boards with complete strangers while never changing their opinions & beliefs.

20, 30, 40 years from now when you're Burnadell's age and become much wiser , you will ask yourself this question ... WtheF was I doing wasting my valuable time arguing over petty BS.

Fans - will only be the LOSERS if you choose to live in the past and not accept change. There's nothing you, I , or Ray Charles can do to prevent the decisions that are about to be made by University leaders. SEC fans will have to live with the cards your team is dealt, accept reality, and continue focusing on the ultimate goal of winning a National Championship. Fans of any particular University crying over spilt milk and complaining about big brother makes them look like a sore loser.

In honor of the late Mills Lane ....

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

With Texas’ sovereign immunity law in play, Texas can’t be sued for buyout. They will negotiate an exit. Should this get announced Monday or Tuesday, I’d say there’s a good chance 2022 is when the party gets started.

Only the state legislature can waive immunity. The grant of rights provisions are not that easy to enforce against departing members. Not here.
                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Chad C; 07-23-2021, 12:47 PM.

Comment

College football will never be the same…..

Gonna be some epic games though…..

OU/UT have seen the writing in the wall for a few years now …..

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      With Texas’ sovereign immunity law in play, Texas can’t be sued for buyout. They will negotiate a buyout
                      Heather Dinnich (? sp) reported last night that both Texas and Oklahoma will likely have to pay around $75M each to leave the B12. Attorneys will argue and negotiate for less. The final buyout number will be considered miniscule when considering how much money is about to be generated.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcherAG 93 View Post
                        No meltdown here. It’s just funny how t.u. fans have bashed the SEC for the past few years and touted the big 12 as the “premier” conference. It’s all good….looking forward to it.

Things that NEVER happened for 1000, Alex!!!

These false sentiments only prove how little aggy has actually been listening over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                          If I learned anything from this thread it's this. It won't matter who UT is playing. They are such a premiere establishment that they grace the other schools by allowing them to be on the same field as the Longhorns... They charitably give us "lessor" programs, the gift of, a small percentage of their massive financial holdings and payments. They do all of this out of pity, since those of us who don't bow to the golden bevo, are inferior beings with a much smaller capacity for mental function! It really must be difficult to be as intelligent as some you. Please, continue to advise us on how we should refer to the new champions of the SEC?
                          You didn't learn anything from this thread, unless you picked up some delusion. That is a really jacked up view of the reality in front of you.

Someone needs to clarify for me, is it Texas' and Ou's jobs to look after the smaller programs in the big 12, or not? I mean aside from providing the basis for which they got payed what they did for quite a few years...? There is no argument Texas has sucked at football for a decade, and not pulled their weight in that regard, but they along with ou are still why the big 12 was being payed what they were for a LONG time....everyone realizes that, right?

Why was it not atm's job when they left?

This may be a new level of butthurt...even for some real all stars.

Comment

Wasn't the 4 super conference plan based on a 4 team playoff? Conference winners in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              You didn't learn anything from this thread, unless you picked up some delusion. That is a really jacked up view of the reality in front of you.

Someone needs to clarify for me, is it Texas' and Ou's jobs to look after the smaller programs in the big 12, or not? I mean aside from providing the basis for which they got payed what they did for quite a few years...? There is no argument Texas has sucked at football for a decade, and not pulled their weight in that regard, but they along with ou are still why the big 12 was being payed what they were for a LONG time....everyone realizes that, right?

Why was it not atm's job when they left?

This may be a new level of butthurt...even for some real all stars.
                              Don't confuse everyone with the facts.....

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Wasn't the 4 super conference plan based on a 4 team playoff? Conference winners in.

I think originally it was, but I think now its mostly for the next run of TV (streaming deals) and with the new NIL its about creating your own governance and telling the NCAA to kick rocks and quit making money off of us for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X