This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
    If I learned anything from this thread it's this. It won't matter who UT is playing. They are such a premiere establishment that they grace the other schools by allowing them to be on the same field as the Longhorns... They charitably give us "lessor" programs, the gift of, a small percentage of their massive financial holdings and payments. They do all of this out of pity, since those of us who don't bow to the golden bevo, are inferior beings with a much smaller capacity for mental function! It really must be difficult to be as intelligent as some you. Please, continue to advise us on how we should refer to the new champions of the SEC?
    You got that from this thread? I must have missed that.

That certainly isn't what I think or what the local radio guys have been saying. It's quite the opposite.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s funny how easy it is to tell apart Texas Grad Alumni from Sip “t-shirt” fans. In this thread, all over the Internet and in real life. Carry on

Comment

For the sources guys. 13-1 vote, no gentlemen’s agreement.

The baseball is going to be a real treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          You got that from this thread? I must have missed that.

That certainly isn't what I think or what the local radio guys have been saying. It's quite the opposite.

Exactly my point! It has to be your superior intellect...

Comment

LETS GEAUX!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter11 View Post
              How excited are y'all about yearly schedules with names like Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss Georgia Florida.

It's a whole new world.

It just means more.
              If this happens, looking forward to games with A&M, LSU, and Alabama. Whatever for the rest of those. Going to miss Tech, OK State, and Baylor. Will not miss Iowa State, matter of fact, if this thing does implode and Iowa State gets a bad deal, look for Campbell to move. Hopefully it won’t be to the SEC.
              Also, I can understand the asshurt aggy on here because this definitely will affect recruiting. I’m not saying you are one of the asshurt aggys but there are a few on here that definitely got soaked in it good during their time in college station.

Comment

Alabama will not be every year. You forgot Arkansas.

Comment

Finding it ironic Texas is going to end up in the SEC and Baylor may end up in the PAC, talk about culture clash

Comment

I am afraid TCU is going to get screwed in all this. I hope they get picked up by the BIG 10 but I won't be shocked to see them get dropped back down to the group of 5 again.

Comment

Yeah I agree, put Arkansas in there

Comment

Originally posted by ArcherAG 93 View Post
                        No meltdown here. It’s just funny how t.u. fans have bashed the SEC for the past few years and touted the big 12 as the “premier” conference. It’s all good….looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I have literally never read that on this site or any other. Texas (and other schools) fans have argued that the SEC is overhyped, specifically that the SEC claim of the strength of the middle and bottom of the conference.

Nobody believes that Bama, LSU, Georgia aren't premier college football programs annually and that you can add Florida and Auburn to that list often. Mizzou has competed pretty well in the east, but not been a real threat to win the conference or in the national picture since they left the Big 12. South Carolina, Vandy, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Miss State, A&M, and Arkansas can give you some tough games, but they haven't been threats nationally or for the conference championship outside of a couple of good years for A&M and Miss State.

Those schools have either made poor head coaching hires or have not been able to keep the stronger head coaches that they have hired (outside of Texas A&M's fairly recent hire of Jimbo Fischer).

And, to be clear, Texas would have been an also ran in the conference for most of the last decade plus.

You can be the best conference in college football and be overhyped by the media.

Comment

We need a modern MS paint take on this, anyone remember The Way of The World-Conference Realignment Redux in MS Paint from ten years back, died laughing at that

Comment

ND has a huge role in the upcoming musical chair abolishment of the big 12 (assuming this is all heading towards a super-conference structure of 4 leagues with 16 teams each)

SEC needs 2 - Let's assume OU and texas
                            PAC needs 4 - tech, baylor, tcu, osu

BIG10 needs 2- isu, ksu
                            ACC needs 2 - ks, wv

If ND wants any of the above spots then one big 12 team will be left holding a bag!

Comment

The ACC has 15 members. ND is the partial (15)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                                ND has a huge role in the upcoming musical chair abolishment of the big 12 (assuming this is all heading towards a super-conference structure of 4 leagues with 16 teams each)

SEC needs 2 - Let's assume OU and texas
                                PAC needs 4 - tech, baylor, tcu, osu

BIG10 needs 2- isu, ksu
                                ACC needs 2 - ks, wv

If ND wants any of the above spots then one big 12 team will be left holding a bag!
                                Notre Dame doesn't want to be in a conference. They are the only premier national brand left out there to grab. There deal with NBC is up in 2025. I'd predict they get a massive rights deal from Amazon, who wants to get in to live sports content and it will be relatively inexpensive to bid on ND's rights over bidding on the rights for the B1G or Pac 12, but NBC and CBS will also be in that contest as they will both be shut out of college football.

There is no way that the B1G adds KSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X