This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    Sounds like TX lawmakers from the 3 TX Big 12 schools and aggie may be trying to set up roadblocks as we speak. If UT/OU want to go let them go but hold them through the contract through 2024 unless all remaining 8 schools get landing spots in the other 3 power conferences left before then...
    Lawmakers in Texas can’t do anything until regular session in 2023. Big 12 can’t hold them back. All they can do is make them pay cash.

Lots of journalists and bloggers posting **** without doing their research.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

I think if your psychotic, over-controlling ex, who did nothing but treat you like **** during your relationship, who has been doing nothing but making fun of your separate life for a decade, and who has been a complete failure since your breakup, all of a sudden comes knocking on the door wanting to get back together, you would also be ****** and do everything in your power to stop that from happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by 44mAG; 07-22-2021, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
          I think if your psychotic, over-controlling ex, who did nothing but treat you like **** during your relationship, who has been doing nothing but making fun of your separate life for a decade, and who has been a complete failure since your breakup, all of a sudden comes knocking on the door wanting to get back together, you would also be ****** and do everything in your power to stop that from happening.
          Yep! Remember, we “ran away to the SEC”, because we couldn’t compete in the Big 12 and they “UPGRADED” with WVU and TCU. SEC doesn’t want those upgrades?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            I was listening to Rob Babers today on Austin Sports radio talking about an article how the Vegas lines would put Texas and OU be the entire SEC.

For Texas they would be favored in 11 of the 14 SEC games. The teams not favored was Bama (10 points), Georgia (I think 4) and A&M (I think 2).

In the Big 12, Texas would not be favored in two games - OU and ISU.

The only team OU would not be favored is Bama and I think that’s like a 1-2 point spread. The majority of those lines are OU a double digit favorite.

I thought this was going interesting.
            Both Texas and OU can and will compete just fine in the SEC, but to dismiss those teams like Arkansas and the Mississippi’s (not you Heath) is plain silly. Those schools may be in the bottom of the West, but they are still bigger and deeper than a very large % of college football teams. It’s not about being able to beat an SEC team, its about trying to beat an SEC team every week while your players are getting the **** kicked out of’em every week. Depth is huge in this league, thats why only now, after 8 years, is A&M finally having enough depth in key positions. Bama, GA, Florida, LSU have been plug and play for years and its hard to beat teams who can continually roll out fresh 2’s and 3’s who could be 1’s at most schools.
            Last edited by RLB; 07-22-2021, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I can’t wait to see the SEC shorts on this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                I can’t wait to see the SEC shorts on this stuff.

They already put one out earlier today. It’s pretty spot on. OU comes on in, but Texas has a little more trouble due to all of the baggage they carry.

Sorry I don’t have the link handy.

Comment

Here ya go!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Surely you realise DFW and Houston have way more queers as well as all other major metro areas, right? Then there is that sheep thing in Collie Station. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                    I don't have a dog in this fight, but probably not likely per capita.

Comment

They already put one out earlier today. It’s pretty spot on. OU comes on in, but Texas has a little more trouble due to all of the baggage they carry.

Sorry I don’t have the link handy.

Spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                        Both Texas and OU can and will compete just fine in the SEC, but to dismiss those teams like Arkansas and the Mississippi’s (not you Heath) is plain silly. Those schools may be in the bottom of the West, but they are still bigger and deeper than a very large % of college football teams. It’s not about being able to beat an SEC team, its about trying to beat an SEC team every week while your players are getting the **** kicked out of’em every week. Depth is huge in this league, thats why only now, after 8 years, is A&M finally having enough depth in key positions. Bama, GA, Florida, LSU have been plug and play for years and its hard to beat teams who can continually roll out fresh 2’s and 3’s who could be 1’s at most schools.

My opinion is you are not giving the TCU, WVU, KState, etc of the Big 12 enough credit. They aren’t programs that are world beaters like Bama and LSU but they can play just like Arkansas and the Miss schools. A&M has about the same conference record in the Big 12 and the SEC. Don’t take this as the Big 12 is a better league, but in my opinion the competition is better than you give it credit for. The link to the Action Sports article backs up my claim.

The Big 12 has some great coaches and Texas has been going to battle with coaching chumps the last 7-8 years. Hopefully Sark is the answer.

The SEC has more heavy hitters no doubt. The good news is depending on years you get to avoid them.
                        Last edited by Heath; 07-23-2021, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Yall need to add two more schools to this suck up *** kissing [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited by Smart; 07-23-2021, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Texas / OU isn’t knocking on your door, they are knocking on your parents door. This move is not about the ex, it’s about securing the future.

Y’all have spent 10 years telling us how great the SEC is and we have watched A&M be able to compete so why wouldn’t we join. The landscape of college athletics is changing and Texas / Ou are controlling their own destiny.
                            Last edited by Heath; 07-23-2021, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              My opinion is you are not giving the TCU, WVU, KState, etc of the Big 12 enough credit. They aren’t programs that are world beaters like Bama and LSU but they can play just like Arkansas and the Miss schools. A&M has about the same conference record in the Big 12 and the SEC. Don’t take this as the Big 12 is a better league, but in my opinion the competition is better than you give it credit for. The link to the Action Sports article backs up my claim.

The Big 12 has some great coaches and Texas has been going to battle with coaching chumps the last 7-8 years. Hopefully Sark is the answer.

The SEC has more heavy hitters no doubt. The good news is depending on years you get to avoid them.

Big difference in the trenches debt that RLB was referring to compared to the Big 12 teams you mentioned. A different type of game overall.

I hope there is an expansion and we can eliminate more of the BS soft schedule games.

Comment

Working...
                              X