No announcement yet.

2021 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of those two teams won, congrats to Mississippi State!

One small observation/opinion, the umpire core as a group and especially when they were positioned behind the plate was subpar! I think as a whole, this umpire group was extremely inconsistent.

Well on to College Football.

Rwc

Comment

Congrats to State and their fans, that's a heck of a ball team. From what I met of their fan base, they were cool as hell too.

I watched them beat Texas 3 of 4 times this year, can't complain too much.

Comment

I don't have a dog in the fight.

I was glad to see MS ST win it. Well deserved. Bednar and Simms were lights out. That said, ol' Blue didn't do Vandy any favors.

Comment

Somebody was barking about Directors cup standings in previous years. Here's what the Directors cup looks like for the best athletics program in the country...

Comment

Tech mid-week guy and solid arm out of the bullpen is transferring to a&m. Micah Dallas is a good pickup for the aggies.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
              Tech mid-week guy and solid arm out of the bullpen is transferring to a&m. Micah Dallas is a good pickup for the aggies.
              Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                I would bet you he will start at a&m. He is a good pitcher. He never really liked the long reliever role Tadlock had him in. He was a good Tech player, I wish him the best. Good news is there are more coming to take his place.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                  I would bet you he will start at a&m. He is a good pitcher. He never really liked the long reliever role Tadlock had him in. He was a good Tech player, I wish him the best. Good news is there are more coming to take his place.

I wish he had stayed. He was effective out of the pen. He will definitely be a weekend starter for them. Wasn’t gonna happen here. That’s why he left. It’s a gamble and I hope it works out for him.

Comment

I hate all the college transfers. The school picked you in HS and you committed stick to your commitment stop being a crybaby your school put time and money into you. Once they step foot on campus it’s a done deal.

Comment

Grant in cases like TCU I dont have a big problem with a transfer. If a kid was recruited by a coach and staff and those guys are gone. But i agree- Just because a kid gets there and he has to fight his way to the top does not give them a reason to leave. Today lots of these kids will jump in the portal because someone didn’t give them a free pass. I dont know particulars behind this kid. He may have some legitimate reason to need to move to that area involving family etc. so Im not gonna voice either way.
                      Last edited by glen; 07-08-2021, 06:28 AM.

Comment

College baseball players have been jumping schools for a long time. They were transferring way before the transfer portal.

Comment

Bandito! Glad to see this.

We are going to Omaha next year for the 1st time, and we’ll be expecting to see you guys there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty fired up to see Bandito10 return! The entire roster is stacked.

Comment

I'd guess the Horns lineup and staff looks something like this.

CF-Kennedy
                              2B- Daly
                              LF - Todd
                              1B - Melendez
                              DH - Peyton Powell
                              3B - Messinger
                              RF - Hodo
                              SS - Faltine
                              C - Ardoin

I'm giving Powell the nod at DH since he is a lefty and I am from Missouri on true freshman like Kash. Dylan Campbell will be bucking for playing time. We are short on left handed bats with Powell and Kennedy the only ones. Duplantier may push for time at 3B, but I think he is a bigger asset on the mound.

Friday - Hansen
                              Saturday - Witt
                              Sunday - Stevens

Bullpen - Nixon, Duplantier, Gordon, Southard, Noah, Walbridge

Midweek starter - Johnson, Noah, Stewart, Gordon

There is another rumored portal guy that would probably be pushing for playing time on the infield as well. This will be a very deep lineup and pitching staff that should be excellent defensively up the middle.
                              Last edited by El General; 07-22-2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X