This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post

Stuff like this is the best advertising possible for Texas.

A&M might want to add some more Government 301 classes if they think Cruz or Cornyn can do anything about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree! These clowns trying to stop UT are not representative of all of us aggies.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
      I agree! These clowns trying to stop UT are not representative of all of us aggies.
      I didn't mean to insinuate that it was. I just think it is funny.

The Aggie alum friends I have talked to are all for it and excited about renewing the rivalry.

Comment

Count me as a proponent. I want the annual game back! I’m not sure about the proposed POD, though- that would mean that ATM and tu probably wouldn’t play annually. Of course, tu/OU would need to play every year, and I’d like to see LSU/A&M every year, too. A POD of OU, tu, LSU and A&M would be entertaining (ESPECIALLY from a TBH perspective!) but would be a rough schedule every year!

The speculation is fun!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          Why are they getting so worked up over an irrelevant program....

Historically, Texas hasn't had any problem with the SEC teams. I have yet to see them ever get slaughtered on the field by one. Unlike others teams.
          Really? Arkansas in the Texas Bowl come to mind?

Comment

The Aggie alum friends I have talked to are all for it and excited about renewing the rivalry.
            We’re not their rivals, remember?

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
              If it goes through it should be pretty interesting how the SEC divides up the conference
              SEC WEST
              Ags
              LSU
              Ark
              Ole Miss
              Missouri
              Miss St
              tu
              Ou

SEC East
              Bama
              Florida
              Georgia
              Kentucky
              Tennessee
              Auburn
              Vanderbilt
              South Carolina

If it goes to pods with 4 teams then could get interesting in a few ways with that
              I think the pods will be for scheduling, but there will still be an East and West to determine the SEC Championship contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                We’re not their rivals, remember?
                Huh?

Comment

Really? Arkansas in the Texas Bowl come to mind?
                  There was also that Ole Miss game that got a bit lopsided in Austin after Texas thumped them in the grove, it got vacated, lol.

I was being factitious

Historically they've done just fine.

Comment

Texas and OU coming into the SEC is going to have a negative impact on every other team, in the SEC, as far as recruiting is concerned. We win and continue to win we won't have anything to worry about. Jimbo said it best in his press conference. We play to a standard every game. It doesn't matter if were playing Alabama or Louisiana Tech we play to the same standard.

Comment

“When” this happens and it will, they should just add another level of Division 1 football.
                      SEC
                      Division 1
                      Division 2

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        There was also that Ole Miss game that got a bit lopsided in Austin after Texas thumped them in the grove, it got vacated, lol.

I was being factitious

Historically they've done just fine.
                        They have, but as Rowdy Burns once said, “now get your own car and lets see how you do in a crowd.”

Comment

Huh?
                          Every sip on the planet says OU is their rival, not the Aggies.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                            It's the Wild West!
                            TCU and Baylor are so ****ed, this is just wrong. It looked like the B12 was going to come crumbling down in 2011 so who knows whats going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              Count me as a proponent. I want the annual game back! I’m not sure about the proposed POD, though- that would mean that ATM and tu probably wouldn’t play annually. Of course, tu/OU would need to play every year, and I’d like to see LSU/A&M every year, too. A POD of OU, tu, LSU and A&M would be entertaining (ESPECIALLY from a TBH perspective!) but would be a rough schedule every year!

The speculation is fun!

I could see a pod of

A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss. St.

UT, OU, Arky, Mizzou

UF, Georgia, South Carolina, Vandy

Bama, Au, Tennessee, Kentucky

Comment

Every sip on the planet says OU is their rival, not the Aggies.
                                They are. My comment was that my Aggie friends are excited about renewing the rivalry.

Comment

Working...
                                X