X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
    September 11th shorthorn.

I’ll take a friendly hundo on that one, if you’d like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
      Like others have said, at the end of the day it will come down to politics and money no matter what, same as everything else in this world.

I honestly cannot see Sips being a good fit in the SEC culture where everyone is an equal. If nothing else maybe Bama will move to the East and put us on top of the West.

FYI, I want to play TU again, I miss the rivalry. I just do not want them in the SEC.
      You get the ATM vs Texas vs Arkansas back.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        September 11th shorthorn.
        R-Kansas ... y'all need to hire some new marketing interns. Why use an NFL football ?

Shouldn't y'all be reppin' the University with a picture of a Razorback game day football ?
        Someone dropped the ball ... literally. Wasted opportunity to promote the football program.

carry on ladies

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I’ll take a friendly hundo on that one, if you’d like?

Pass, I'll get my enjoyment via the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            R-Kansas ... y'all need to hire some new marketing interns. Why use an NFL football ?

Shouldn't y'all be reppin' the University with a picture of a Razorback game day football ?
            Someone dropped the ball ... literally. Wasted opportunity to promote the football program.

carry on ladies

Well, iffin I was in a position to make the change I would- not in my lifetime. How good will the Tiggers be this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

There is a REP BU grad from the Plano area already trying to stop Texas, he won’t have much luck. I guess the power grid must be secure if he has time to waste on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Of note, the Governor and the Speaker of the House are UT Alums, and in the case of the Speaker, he is a rabid Longhorn football fan.
              Last edited by El General; 07-22-2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                That's the real part that sucks. All the historic rivalries that will end but i guess change is inevitable. Not playing A&M was weird. Not playing UT, OU, Baylor< OK St ect would be really weird. State schools need to play each other.
                Its already happened in previous re-alignments in other regions we just think of the obviouse UT/aTm one here. Missouri and Kansas used to always play, there are many with Nebraska that got killed too.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  Of note, the governor and the Speaker of the House are UT Alums, and in the case of the Speaker, he is a rabid Longhorn football fan.
                  Those in office offended about the potential move need to worry about the Power Grid next week. Summer is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Those in office offended about the potential move need to worry about the Power Grid next week. Summer is coming.
                    Or any other of the 8-10 items on the agenda for the special session.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                      I wasn’t a member here when the Aggies left the Big 12 for the SEC, so I can’t comment what was said in the past here. The narrative around my tu friends was we were stupid and the Aggies would be the doormat of the SEC. We haven’t won a conference championship, or our division for that matter. Much less a Natty, but we most certainly haven’t been a doormat. We have been a competitive team that has continued to grow. I think tu grossly miscalculated how much that move would change the recruiting landscape. I was optimistic, but I didn’t think it would change as much as it has. Combine the allure of playing on National TV almost every week against some of the best teams/players in the country with the struggles tu has had in their coaching hires, and it’s been kind of a perfect storm.

The Big 12 is by far the easiest path to a National Championship, but the “Super Conference” is an inevitable move. I think it makes sense for both OU and tu to join the SEC. I would actually welcome that move. If that TexAgs screenshot is legit, I don’t know why they’d urge Aggies to do that and I think it’s stupid and looks weak. I would love the rivalry game to return. The one thing I don’t like is the proposed divisions moving Bama to the East. While that makes regional sense, I’d rather play them year in and out. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best and they are the pinnacle of college football over the last decade.

If it happens or not, college football is moving this direction. There will be 4 super conferences. There will be some huge TV contracts coming. I bet Amazon gets in the mix and drives the price up. The kids being paid only exacerbates this. They’re going to go where the money is. More money from conference deals, frees up booster money to make creative offers to recruits. It’s going to muddy the water for sure.

RE: Amazon, ESPN is pushing this to secure more content for their family of networks as Amazon, Hulu, and AppleTV are expected to start throwing money around for sports content rights.

ESPN will have tied up the biggest brands in the sport outside of Notre Dame.

Comment

Stuff like this is the best advertising possible for Texas.

A&M might want to add some more Government 301 classes if they think Cruz or Cornyn can do anything about this.

Comment

I like Jimbo's response to the possibility of OU and UT joining the SEC.... Be careful what you wish for!!!

Comment

Why are they getting so worked up over an irrelevant program....
                            Last edited by Chad C; 07-22-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

It is what it is.

We’ve listened for the last 8 years about how the SEC isn’t that good and that the B-12 was better…..but now, those two petition to join the conference. Should be interesting to say the least. In this league it’s not about beating one or two teams, its about facing top talent every week. Texas A&M, Ole Miss, MSU, LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, Alabama……buckle up!!

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                                I like Jimbo's response to the possibility of OU and UT joining the SEC.... Be careful what you wish for!!!
                                Yeah, I don't think any Longhorn fan thinks this means Texas is coming in and dominating football games.

Comment

Working...
                                X