This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Correct. LHN was created so Texas didn’t jump ship on conferences thus gave ESPN control of Texas.

Texas took the money.
    It was actually created before that.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      It was actually created before that.

Created before what? ESPN over paid Texas for LHN so they could control their second and third tier rights preventing them from being able to leave the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
        Dental replacement?
        For horn it would be a dental dam. You walked right into that one.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol at Aggy being scared/mad and guaranteeing it will never happen as if they know.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
              Why is this all just now coming to light? What’s with all the sudden smoke?

Comment

The University is calling, maybe the want my opinion. [emoji23]

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Lol, the Fake Dan Beebe returns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Billy Looch sounds like a dude that knows they don’t have the votes to kill it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        Created before what? ESPN over paid Texas for LHN so they could control their second and third tier rights preventing them from being able to leave the conference.
                        The LHN contract announcement is what pushed the Aggies into leaving and thus starting up that round of realignment. ESPN actually only has third tier rights for the LHN, not second. At the time, Nebraska and Oklahoma were pulling down 10-12 million per year for their 3rd tier rights (mainly through pay-per-view and regional deals) and Texas had one of the lowest third tier rights numbers because almost none of their games were available for third tier because they were getting picked up by the first and second tier rights holders.

ESPN was all in on the LHN because it was a pilot project for their bigger target, the SEC Network and because $15 million per year was chump change at the time for ESPN/Disney.

What ESPN did to keep Texas in the conference was to guarantee the Big 12's contract would not shrink when A&M and Mizzou left, so that the remaining teams yearly share increased. Since the legislator had blocked Texas from going to the Pac 12, they decided they'd wait it out until the next round of realignment. Which, of course, turned out to be a horrible move.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post

A&M tirelessly lobbying its SEC conference partners to exclude Texas while telling recruits they aren't afraid of the big bad Horns is entirely on brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post

The difference is Texas and OU are selling their school, not their conference to a recruit.

Comment

I want this to happen just to see the melt from the Aggie’s. It would be epic. If for some reason Texas wouldn’t joint I think OU and Okie state would be a good fit also. Both compete in football, baseball, softball and basketball.

Comment

Horn hoping they can get it and Aggie hoping they don’t. Priceless!

Comment

Working...
                                X