This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James View Post
    This is Hilarious with how anti SEC the horns and OU are every year. Stay in the little ten. I don’t know why OU would even want to consider switching with the easiest road to playoffs in their current conference.
    Kinda what I was thinking!

Comment

Why is this all just now coming to light? What’s with all the sudden smoke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Sources season, the 16 team conferences is nothing new. But, you can bank on the SEC trying to be the first.

Moves will be made now that this is out there. Who knows who goes where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Chad C; 07-21-2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
          After all the crap they gave us leaving the conference, horrible move Aggies, bla bla bla. Now they want in the SEC?
          Texas is back and they’re gonna mop up the competition in the SEC. I can’t stand tu!!
          Conference realignment is happening no matter what. The previous administrations at Texas wanted to merge with the Pac 12, but that conference has shot themselves in the foot in a dozen different ways with the coup de grace being delivered by their handling of COVID. The ACC is a horrible geographical fit. The Big 10 is as well and they have balked at taking OU.

The current decision makers at Texas are very, very different than any of the previous regimes. The SEC makes the most geographical and economic sense. Many of the arguments arguments against joining the SEC the Aggies have made moot by joining the SEC and changing the recruiting landscape in Texas.

This was probably inevitable since A&M left the Big 12.

The state political landscape has changed enough that Texas doesn't have to drag schools along with it.

The biggest reason that this happens is that ESPN controls the money in college football. This is what they want.
          Last edited by El General; 07-21-2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
            You want a little action? I'd bet $100 that it happens.
            You’re on…this year? Next? You call it…make it $500 if you want.

Comment

The guy that broke the story is the Aggie beat writer for the Chronicle if that tells you anything.

Comment

The guy that broke the story is the Aggie beat writer for the Chronicle if that tells you anything.

Aggies reporting or Texas, LSU, bama, i don’t believe you

Comment

Originally posted by Leef View Post
                  You’re on…this year? Next? You call it…make it $500 if you want.
                  They won't play in the SEC this year, but it could be announced sometime soon. The Big 12 owns Texas and OU's media rights through the 2024 season, so 2025 would be the first year of playing unless the Big 12 dissolves or Texas and OU want to pay the remaining members a boatload of money.

I'm cheap. $500.00 is rich for my blood. $100 that Texas and OU join the SEC by the 2025 season.

Comment

Aggies reporting or Texas, LSU, bama, i don’t believe you

You don't believe me that Brett Zwerneman is the Aggie Beat Writer for the Chronicle?

Comment

You don't believe me that Brett Zwerneman is the Aggie Beat Writer for the Chronicle?

Lol you missed the joke

Comment

Lol you missed the joke

I miss alot of internet jokes.

Comment

Sarcasm font would help lol

Comment

They won't play in the SEC this year, but it could be announced sometime soon. The Big 12 owns Texas and OU's media rights through the 2024 season, so 2025 would be the first year of playing unless the Big 12 dissolves or Texas and OU want to pay the remaining members a boatload of money.

I'm cheap. $500.00 is rich for my blood. $100 that Texas and OU join the SEC by the 2025 season.
                            LOL…I hear you brother. By 2025? We may not even have college football the way this thing is going right now! I say no way it happens anytime soon, but who knows. I’m not betting on anything 5 years in the future.

Comment

It not your fault the poster can’t use the correct proposition. [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Leef View Post
                                LOL…I hear you brother. By 2025? We may not even have college football the way this thing is going right now! I say no way it happens anytime soon, but who knows. I’m not betting on anything 5 years in the future.
                                I think it will be announced this year, but they won't start playing in the conference for a couple of years at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X