Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

13th bday bash and campout for my son (in pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13th bday bash and campout for my son (in pics)

Took my son and 6 of his buddies and 2 other dads for a weekend at the ranch to celebrate my son turning 13. The boys had a blast! They were challenged to pitch their own tent, build a fire with primitive methods. First fire was a pretty rough go, burned ALOT of kindling and not much wood. 2nd fire was much better, changed their strategy, built a Lincoln log style structure of twigs and made their kindling moveable and slid it i when it was lit. We were eating hot dogs and s’mores in no time! Boys caught about 40 bass fri & sat

May have scared the crap out of them around midnight when the ol FoxPro let out a mountain lion scream behind their tent

Click image for larger version

Name:	BBE8D940-AC2C-43AE-8B39-AF522B66A290.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	25255110

Name:	0DC906A9-AE58-4A10-880E-C636E0BF8DE0.jpg
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	25255111

Name:	9A0D51ED-FB25-496C-9AE7-D47021E2FC3D.jpg
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	25255112

Name:	4B2C58AD-45D3-4633-8987-C3084840A605.jpg
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	25255113

Name:	6229E2CC-EDA5-43D9-A558-9FB70CCFF534.jpg
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	25255114

Name:	C2491E42-81F4-4378-A00C-6D9A5248B115.jpg
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	25255115

Name:	9F902FB9-AE65-470F-AAD2-E3572D622301.jpg
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	25255116

Name:	A316AC2C-9205-473D-B12A-ABC397966B4B.jpg
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	25255117

Name:	3A914596-8BF9-451C-B3E6-2FE0487DCC0E.jpg
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	25255118

Name:	2C02FD67-1136-4921-9D6E-C30398D81E73.jpg
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	25255119

That’s awesome they will never forget that weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our world needs more of this! Good on you and the other gentlemen for getting the young guys out there. I know that would have been a great birthday for me growing up.

Comment

Heck yeah dad! Good stuff!

Comment

Thats awesome! Yall did a great job on making some memories!

Comment

Way to go !!! Memories for life!

Comment

good job. thats a party i would like to have myself

Comment

Gigem said it right. Need more of this. WTG Dad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gigem2019 View Post
                  Our world needs more of this! Good on you and the other gentlemen for getting the young guys out there. I know that would have been a great birthday for me growing up.
                  Birthday party without any moms making a fuss???? Yes please

Thanks for sharing the outdoors with those young men and happy birthday to your son!

Comment

Good stuff, greg!

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

perfect!!

Comment

Wow, when I was 13, I would have loved a camping trip for a birthday party! I would have thought it a total blast!

My parents, however, had no desire to take other people’s children camping so, instead, they made me go to Girl Scout camp where one of the troop leaders was the mother of a girl nobody liked (you know that girl; she’s the one who would do things like steal your bikini bottoms or put roasted marshmallows in your hair to make it sticky, all in an attempt to gain some attention). I’m sure her troop-leader mom’s name must have been “Karen” ( the German pronunciation of which is “Attila the Hun.” She kinda looked liked him, too).

Anyway, in anticipation of the trip, I had saved up all my money to buy myself a brand new Girl Scout knife! On the first day of camp, when all the girls from all the troops—about 100 of us—were gathered in the clearing surrounding a camp fire pit, sitting on our Sit-Upons that we’d each made earlier in the day, all while being lectured (ad nauseum) about the various and numerous rules we had to follow; one of which was, if you had a GS knife, you were forbidden to have it out and were required to keep it in your duffle bag all times.

As (bad) luck would have it, right before “Karen the Hun” read that rule, the girls sitting around me asked to see my knife. And wouldn’t you know it, it was at that moment that “Karen” saw me with my knife out and started screaching at me, spewing epithets in an attempt to grind me under her heel (note: never attempt to grind someone under your heel wearing ugly-a** therapeutic shoes and high-waters…it renders the “grinder” embarrassingly impotent and looking like a real rube!). Then she demanded I hand my knife over to her, telling me I would NOT be getting it back! To say the least, I was royally pi**ed at that lard-a** b**ch with her ugly DIY cropped haircut and her high-water jeans that were two sizes to small! (Those of you who were children of the 70s will remember that wearing high-waters was the #1 cause of social suicide in this country!)

As you can tell, it is many years later but I’m still pi**ed and still furious and I refuse to let it go!

Surely, there is a special place in hell for the Karens of the world. Give them a even a smallest taste of authority and they become drunk with power. And I STILL want my GS knife back!

Rant completed but will NEVER be over!!

Comment

Totally awesome!! Who caught the most snipes?

Comment

Way to go!! More dads need to step up today and do the same. They will never forget that trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X