One in the chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
    Couldn't have said it better, thank you.
    Seems many other folks here are either 'macho', go to a lot of roudy bars, or are just looking for trouble.
    All the posts in this thread you decided to quote post and "hell yeah, brother" the guy that pocket carries a Ruger LCP without a holster as the beacon of guiding light?
    Do you not see the problem?
    Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 07-20-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Chambered = Ready to hammer a criminal
      Not Chambered = Hammer

Comment

I will keep one in the chamber when my proficiency with the gun reaches a level where:

I have a higher chance of needing that 2/10ths of a second in a gunfight(Which is astronomically low)

becomes HIGHER

than my chances of causing myself or my children harm because I have one in the chamber.

This is NOT a knock on guys who carry hot. More a way of thinking based on knowing that I do not get to train a lot and wanting to make sure I dont have a negligent discharge.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronwragg View Post
          I will keep one in the chamber when my proficiency with the gun reaches a level where:

I have a higher chance of needing that 2/10ths of a second in a gunfight(Which is astronomically low)

becomes HIGHER

than my chances of causing myself or my children harm because I have one in the chamber.

This is NOT a knock on guys who carry hot. More a way of thinking based on knowing that I do not get to train a lot and wanting to make sure I dont have a negligent discharge.
          Jerry Miculek, is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
            Always, don't want to have to think, am I loaded or not.
            I was taught every gun is loaded anyway so it's already treated that way

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Last edited by rolylane6; 07-20-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
              Jerry Miculek, is that you?
              Ol Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star may have some competition.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronwragg View Post

becomes HIGHER

It's most certainly important to be comfortable with your sidearm...I sure wouldn't hesitate to carry a revolver as a primary carry if I felt the same way. I do carry a S&W 442 if I don't want to holster & need something for a quick run into the quicky mart & such.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                  What unloaded gun?
                  Read again?

Nevermind, I read the OP wrong. I'm in agreement with the post I responded to. I always carry hot.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                    every weapon in my house is loaded, ready to fire.
                    ^^^This

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                      All the posts in this thread you decided to quote post and "hell yeah, brother" the guy that pocket carries a Ruger LCP without a holster as the beacon of guiding light?
                      Do you not see the problem?

Good luck telling that to the guy sticking you up.
                      If you ever have to use that unloaded carry gun, you're likely going to die.
                      Just get a SA/DA gun if you don't trust yourself.
                      I edited my post

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                        How often do you carry and not put one in the chamber?

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Incredibly stupid to carry without one in the chamber.

Might as well carry a brick with you.
                        This. ^^ I used to think it was stupid to have one in the chamber, but I've learned it is stupid to NOT have one in the chamber.

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        Never. My gun stays loaded at all times. No kids in my house so no worries when I put it on top of my chest of drawers. Another loaded one in my headboard.
                        Yes, and even the grandkids know to stay out of my room, no matter what, even if I'm in my room and they want to talk to me. They must stand at the doorway unless I specifically invite them in. One asked me why they could not come in and I replied it was the one room in the house that was extremely dangerous and I pointed at my dog that does not like children. "This is his space." But the real reason is the firearms stored there.

Comment

I drive without my seatbelt, but if I'm about to get in a crash I just put it on real quick....

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                            I drive without my seatbelt, but if I'm about to get in a crash I just put it on real quick....
                            Same, it's so much easier to do it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                              But it's for the children...

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                                But it's for the children...

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
                                I take the battery out of my truck when I get home so my kids can't accidently get in and drive off. They could crash!

Comment

Working...
                                X