Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans roof issue:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans roof issue:

I have the stock Kawasaki roof for my Mule 4010 trans and I usually transport it facing forward in the trailer, but the cheap windshield ahs a tendency to bend back a little and I have to push it out when I get to my destination.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to pull it to the lease facing the back of the trailer. I noticed that the two piece roof was separating a little in the wind and I'm wondering if there is any way to keep it from completely coming apart and blowing off.

I've thought about using two or three large aircraft washers and some bolts and bolt the two pieces together.

What other methods have you guys used? Thanks in advance!

Anybody?

Comment

Several ty down straps over the top?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        Several ty down straps over the top?
        This should work. I have a ratchet strap holding the back part of my roof down at all times (unless I undo it to have it up on purpose).

Comment

I think they recommend pulling facing forward or it'll rip the roof off.
          I put a vertical center brace of 1/2" sq bar on my home made 4010 windshield.

And..... slow down!

Comment

I’m not much help...had the same roof, lost it on the highway headed down to Corpus. The plastic where it connected to the roof eventually gave out and the roof flew off. I bought a Fortress metal roof to replace it. Haven’t had any issues since

Comment

Working...
            X