Feeder too strong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder too strong...

My spinner is too strong, it’s slinging corn outside of my feeder pen and I can’t enlarge the pen any farther. Has anyone ever tried wiring some type of resistor between the battery and motor to decrease broadcast? Is this something that would work?

I have seen timers that have a low-medium-high setting built into the timer. I just can't recall the manufacturer.

Comment

put a varmit cage on it?

Comment

Or the flat eliminator plate decreases the throw distance

Comment

Both of the above answers will work. I’ve put a varmint cage on a feeder before to keep it from throwing too far in a tight spot.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
            I have seen timers that have a low-medium-high setting built into the timer. I just can't recall the manufacturer.
            all seasons

Comment

I have put metal roof flashing around the bottom of my feeders before with self taping screws to make the corn fall straight down .

Comment

“The Timer” brand has one speed and I was having the same issue at a couple feeders. I wrapped the bottom portion of the feeder with 1/4” square wire, far enough below the bottom of the feeder so that it slow the corn down, cut the wire every 12” and bent the wire up to adjust the throw distance.

Comment

What size motor do you have? If it’s a 12volt you could try reducing it to a 6volt.

Comment

All Season Timer has a Low, Med and High and there is a big difference from Low to High. I use them on my timed protein feeders on low so that the spinner doesn't throw it so hard against the inside of the cover that it breaks it all up.. My Timer threw too hard. This was for a 12 volt.

I think they are $39 at Bucees.

The All Seasons Feeder Digital timer operates on a 6v to 12v battery 1-6 feed times per day. The feeder is programmable and adjustable between a 0-30 seconds feed time. Click to view our products!
                    Last edited by Smart; 07-19-2021, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Put the lower speed motor on it

Comment

Personally like some corn thrown outside pin, gets that passing rutting buck to stop on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by JONES45LC View Post
                          I have put metal roof flashing around the bottom of my feeders before with self taping screws to make the corn fall straight down .
                          that's what I need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                            Personally like some corn thrown outside pin, gets that passing rutting buck to stop on occasion.
                            Also attracts the passing goats and cows which will lean and push on the feed pen. Sometimes I scatter corn on the ground around my feed pen while I’m hunting.

Comment

Use a 6 volt battery on it if it's a 12 volt motor

Comment

Working...
                              X