What is this around our pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this around our pool

It is on the grout around the edge. There is also a large white streak on the outside along the rock. Doesn’t look like it leaks at this location

The white doesn’t flake off and doesn’t come off with like away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it a saltwater pool?

Comment

We have the same thing. From what I understand it’s some sort of mineral buildup from the concrete behind through the grout. I’m guessing the concrete subwall should have been sealed before the tile and grout were installed??? We power wash it off. It stays gone for a few months then slowly comes back. Good luck.

Comment

It's calcium build up from hard water. Make sure your water is balanced (PH &Alk) and it will help by keeping the calcium in suspension. When water gets out of balance minerals come out of solution and stick to things. Also the lines on the outside of the limestone is also calcium build up probably from it leaking through the mortar joint and following the path of least resistance.

Comment

There was a thread about this a month or so back. I don't remember what it is called but I think that it was something in the concrete. I may be wrong as I didn't stay at the Holiday Inn last night.

Comment

Chlorine with ozone

Comment

When water is forced through a concrete pool shell, costly problems like weepers and efflorescence occur. Learn how to prevent these issues and more.

Comment

Efflorescence

Comment

Looks like calcium
                    Stagalites. Usually from
                    Calcium build up. Water may be on the harder side. Try some water softener in the pool system.

Comment

It’s called efflorescence. Basically the evaporation of water through the mortar pulls the minerals of the Portland to the surface. The moisture evaporate off and leave the deposit. It can be cleaned but will usually just reappear

Comment

TBH is the best knowledge I can find

Appreciate

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Man View Post
                          Efflorescence

This

Comment

Listen to Haverkamp. He knows.

Comment

I believe you can clean it off using a diluted mixture of water/muriatic acid.

Comment

Working...
                              X