Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vehicle resources for people getting back on their feet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle resources for people getting back on their feet?

My BIL screwed things up big time with multiple DWI’s. **** near got himself a long sentence with a felony conviction. He finally saw the light and has been busting his butt to make things right with his family and finances.

His 2007 f150 with 301,000 just gave up the ghost, which puts his job in jeopardy. I’m trying to help him find a vehicle that he can pay cash for. It just needs to be street legal and driveable. I don’t think he can afford a car note due to his insurance being extremely high from the DWI’s, so we’re talking something dirt dirt DIRT cheap.

This is definitely one of those things where you pay for your mistakes years after making them, and he’s got to earn his way back from that. If I can help him find a vehicle to keep him going though that would be great.

If anyone has any leads please let me know. We’re in Houston. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is his budget? Does it have to be a truck?

Comment

Also, what is wrong with his truck? May be cheaper to repair it and move forward.

Comment

It sounds like it might be something internal, don’t know if it’s a rod issue, but it sounded like it was more serious than a gasket/hose, or exterior component.

I don’t know his specific budget, but it probably is not much. I don’t think it needs to be a truck, but I’ll check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

No help here, but if he’s truly trying to change his life for the better, good luck to him and kudos to you for trying to help.

Comment

Facebook Marketplace and TBH have good deals from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
              Also, what is wrong with his truck? May be cheaper to repair it and move forward.
              Maybe a crate engine drop in?
              But that might be a silver bridle on a donkey

Comment

I was thinking a junk yard engine. Pick and pull sells them fairly cheap. And you can buy their warranty for $1/day. Could likely get an engine replaced for less than $6-800 doing the work himself. That to me would be a better option than buying a cheap car with unknown issues.

Comment

Working...
                X