What pistol ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
    I'm a contrarian. Walther PPS M2. Try one before you knock it. The PPQ is still the best trigger out of the box of all the polymer wonders. The PPS M2 isn't far behind.

Walther has a contract with a company to mill the slides for RMR types. The PPS can only be milled for a 407k, 507k, Romeo0, RMS, or RMSc.
    I like the looks of that pistol, and I’m sure the quality would be there, but I’ve never seen one in the flesh and I’d rather have more capacity.

Comment

Sig p365xl is rds ready. Don’t really care for the sig Romeo Zero, would go with the Holosun 507k .

Comment

Another vote for the 365! Oh………….and 1 in the chamber! 👍

Comment

I went from a Glock 27(.40 cal) to the Sig 365 and my girlfriend has the 365xl. I changed for the same reasons for capacity and it wears well in the summers for shorts and tshirt weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been carrying the M&P Shield in a 9mm almost since it came out. I recently bought the Shield Plus in 9mm as I still like the feel of the gun and it still fits my old holsters. I carry it with 14 rounds. The Sig is a nice little gun for roughly the same performance. I didn’t want to buy everything new except the gun itself and additional magazines. I have a few different holsters that I use for the Shield that I will not have to replace.

Comment

I am a 9mm guy, just to keep from having so many diffrent types of ammo. I carry a Glock 43x daily, with the upgraded mag for 15 rounds, its my fav, also have a Sig, but have not carried since I got my first 43x
              my simple 2 cents

Comment

Glock 48mos with a 507k and shield 15 round mags....don't get no better IMO!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  I like the looks of that pistol, and I’m sure the quality would be there, but I’ve never seen one in the flesh and I’d rather have more capacity.
                  Totally understand. That said, I've been carrying since the law was first enacted in Texas. I've carried a bunch of different handguns and many, many holsters. I've lost count at this point but I've done revolver, EMP, shield, walther, glock, HK, NAA, and so on. I could never find anything that I was comfortable wearing because of either sweat or just pressing into me. I'm tall and thin and nowhere for a gun to sink in. That means I didn't carry often because it was hot, or I had the wrong pants on, or was sitting a long time, or whatever excuse. I also wanted something that fit my hands well and shot a tight group.

I finally decided to follow the age-old wisdom carrying at least something you are comfortable with than the cannon you won't. I ended up with a springfield 911 in .380 in a front pocket holster. It's the least intrusive and I can carry it pretty much any time, any where. Yep, I've only got 7 rounds of quality .380 but that's better than the 8+ in my shield at home. The little 911 also shoots extremely well. Not sure why for me, but groups are tighter than any other compact I've shot. I come from a 1911 background so the order of arms is well-ingrained.

Good luck in your hunt! It's hard for anyone to give you advice here other than what they like which isn't what I or you necessarily like.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post

Good luck in your hunt! It's hard for anyone to give you advice here other than what they like which isn't what I or you necessarily like.
                    Thanks, I knew that coming in but appreciate everyone else’s opinions. Who knows, they might make me think of something I haven’t thought of. I’m almost the opposite of you, only 6’1” tall and ain’t anybody ever called me “slim”. That said, I can carry the Shield, and a few others that I’ve carried, in an OWB holster between my right rear and right front pockets and have no worries about concealment with just a loose T shirt. Using an IWB, which I don’t really prefer, the gun virtually disappears. At this point I’m trying to find a Shield Plus Performance Center with the Crimson Trace reflex already on it that I can get my paws on. I really like the Shield better than any Glock, Springfield, or Ruger that I’ve carried so far.

Comment

P365 or the XL version. I want to like Ruger, but their finish sucks.

Comment

I throw a vote to the Hellcat, I’ve been carrying one everyday for a year now with no complaints.

Comment

Well, I ordered an S&W Shield Plus Performance Center just a few minutes ago. I can’t imagine that I won’t like it since it’s just another iteration of what I’ve been carrying for a couple years now. Now to see if I can trade some of this .40 ammo for some 9mm !

Thanks everyone for your input !

Comment

Ran about 50 rounds through a Hellcat last week and that has me thinking about getting one. Pretty nice pistol

Comment

Working...
                            X