Spraying fields GPS app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spraying fields GPS app

Does anyone recommend a GPS app for spraying herbicides in fields, trying to eliminate over spraying. I see there are a few free ones and some that you have to buy, This is personal spraying only, no commercial

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think Farmlogs has that option. https://farmlogs.com/download/

Look under the PRODUCTS link for "essentials" or "Add-Ons".

Comment

Depending on the size of the area, would a dye work for you ?

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
        Depending on the size of the area, would a dye work for you ?
        Would rather not

Comment

Not sure on the GPS apps. but we added a foaming unit on ours and it works like a champ.
          makes it really easy to follow. has a switch so you can control which side is foaming

Comment

We have a GPS system. A raven. They are about 1-2K depending on models etc. It works great and i like it because its easy to move between tractors.

Not sure a phone would have the accuracy needed. But im no tech guru.

Comment

You could do a foaming unit but I would get a standard light bar GPS for your tractor. We run one on ours to spray our hay fields and it works great. We got the Trimble EZ guide 250 and move it between tractors very easy. The patch antenna it comes with is good to +- 2 feet. I just put the overlap at 18" and it seems to miss very little.

Comment

I use "Field Navigator" but it only is developed for Android.

I tie a Garmin GLO into for GPS accuracy and can spray within 1 foot of accuracy - that is 6" on each side of my sprayer. I spray 30-60 acres in a day with my 300 gallon tank. The app is highly customizable for spray width, distance from GPS to sprayer, mapping, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions about it. I've used it for several years and for $15, you cannot beat it.

Comment

In fact, since you are in Cameron/ Rockdale, I'm more than happy to show it to you.

Comment

I'm using a boom less sprayer, so foam isn't a option. I have 2 xt010 nozzles on back of a 500 gallon tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                      I use "Field Navigator" but it only is developed for Android.

I tie a Garmin GLO into for GPS accuracy and can spray within 1 foot of accuracy - that is 6" on each side of my sprayer. I spray 30-60 acres in a day with my 300 gallon tank. The app is highly customizable for spray width, distance from GPS to sprayer, mapping, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions about it. I've used it for several years and for $15, you cannot beat it.
                      Thank you, I might touch base with you

Comment

Yes field navigator. I use it on my phone or a 10" tablet connected to a garmin glo GPS receiver.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

following

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                            Yes field navigator. I use it on my phone or a 10" tablet connected to a garmin glo GPS receiver.

I've thought about a 10" tablet and was wondering if I needed cell service to the table. I'm pretty sure I would, right? I wish I could just cast my phone screen to a larger video screen but I'm worried it will eat up energy on the phone.

I actually use the parallel lines for guidance, but I've used the "freestyle" spray method, too. I think the lines are more accurate. Freestyle works well on small fields with lots of turns and trees.
                            Last edited by Dusty Britches; 07-14-2021, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              I've thought about a 10" tablet and was wondering if I needed cell service to the table. I'm pretty sure I would, right? I wish I could just cast my phone screen to a larger video screen but I'm worried it will eat up energy on the phone.
                              No you don't need cell service. You'll need to pre map your field, as in drop pins and save your field. I have wifi in my pickup, so I can get to a place and use my wifi, map a field, disconnect wifi and then Bluetooth my garmin glo and it works.

Its not perfect but for 200 bucks for a tablet and garmin its not bad.

I bought a tablet holder and mounted it in the cab of my canam so the roof keeps the sun reflection off and its right there in front of me. Ill try to remember to get pictures

Comment

Working...
                              X