Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bout another "Where/What" to do around Corpus, thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JP Luby is the widest and nicest beach. There are jetties there as well. North Island to Port A is where it's at. That beach on the bay in Corpus isn't really the ocean.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Imona be on "surf" @ Corpus. I think. ???

Comment

They don’t call Little Shell and Big Shell beach that for nothing. From what I remember little shell wasn’t too far a drive down PINS if you have 4wd and would rather get away from the crowds and tourists.

Comment

we’re headed down to corpus tomorrow
          plan to fish the packery channel and bob hall pier, if it’s rebuilt.
          hope the rains pass

Comment

Originally posted by bughunter View Post
            we’re headed down to corpus tomorrow
            plan to fish the packery channel and bob hall pier, if it’s rebuilt.
            hope the rains pass
            Hope your bringing some dryer air with you. Been raining for 3 days straight! No end in sight either!

Comment

dadgumit

Comment

Weather.

We're heading down on the 18th.

Weather don't look real good for then either, if this 10 day is accurate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210708_080422.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	24656650

Comment

Can I fish ANYWHERE? We'll be in the Whitecaps Beach area. Prob drive S towards PINS. Just stop & wet a line anywhere? Or go N towards Mustang?

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                    Can I fish ANYWHERE? We'll be in the Whitecaps Beach area. Prob drive S towards PINS. Just stop & wet a line anywhere? Or go N towards Mustang?
                    I'd fish live shrimp under a popping cork 4-5 ft. Real close to the rocks inside the packery channel. There is almost always a tide flowing either in or out. Toss your rig along the rocks and keeping the slack out, let it float with the tide. Take extra tackle, you'll need it.

Comment

That sounds exhausting. ^^^^^

I need to sit in lawn chair, under canopy, with cooler REAL close.

8 yo be doing most of the fishing.

Comment

Watched a guy catch a 26" redfish at whitecaps Beach while the kids were swimming!
                        No weight, just a live croaker in 2nd gut. Using what I'd call a crappie rig (small spinning reel).
                        I didn't bring tackle due to no knowledge but may hit up Walmart tonight.
                        He gave me several "pointers".

Side note:
                        Took 2 hours to get off Island due to wreck on bridge! Had to reroute to another bridge. Was a real ****show!
                        Docs & Scuttlebutts both 1.5hr wait so went to Snoopys. Big let down.
                        Gonna try one of the 2 previous mentioned early tomorrow eve. Twin Peaks tonight cuz close to motel.

Bout to board Red Dragon Pirate Ship.

TSA tomorrow. Lexington Wed.

Comment

Instant Sweat! Lol

Corpus is a humid son of a gun this time of year. Might be the most hot, humid place in the USA

Comment

Waitn @ Scuttlebutts now!

Comment

25 min wait just to be told "NO OYSTERS"!
                              And told hostess up front thats what we were here for!

But.... the shrimp & pickle appetizers were spot on! Awaiting the Scuttlebutts Platter.....

Comment

I waited over an hour at Pier 99 to be told the same thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X