• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    Which one does he have?
    Dixie chopper

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Where do you put the Ferris (72”) in this line up? Deck looks similar to the Scag to me but ?
      Ferris makes a good mower as well and I think you would be more than happy with it.
      Check out some of the lawn forums. Lawnsite.com is a good one. That’s where I did my research before buying. John Deere and Scag were just mentioned the most about cut quality.
      I was researching 60” decks though…

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        Ferris makes a good mower as well and I think you would be more than happy with it.
        Check out some of the lawn forums. Lawnsite.com is a good one. That’s where I did my research before buying. John Deere and Scag were just mentioned the most about cut quality.
        I was researching 60” decks though…

Thanks for the forum suggestion

Comment

Tag. Specifically for Scag and Ferris

Love my 3 Ferris stand ons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            Brent have you ever owned a 72 inch zero turn? My friend that lives a couple miles from you does and if you have any kind of elevation or really tall grass it's not that great. He said if he was to buy again it would be a 60 inch with the biggest motor. Just my two cents

This
            It has to be perfectly flat and level or a 72 will scalp it up
            Best to mow lawns weekly to avoid the grass getting tall and making it tougher on the mowers

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              Dixie chopper

Once awesome but they have not kept up

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
                This
                It has to be perfectly flat and level or a 72 will scalp it up
                Best to mow lawns weekly to avoid the grass getting tall and making it tougher on the mowers

This is one rural property with lots of mowing, if it scalps I can get a load of sand and level. I just want a good cut ASAP.

That said, all the mower reviews I see are done at full speed (12-16 mph). By gps today my fastest mowing was 7 mph and I don’t see being able to go any faster.

Comment

This is one rural property with lots of mowing, if it scalps I can get a load of sand and level. I just want a good cut ASAP.

That said, all the mower reviews I see are done at full speed (12-16 mph). By gps today my fastest mowing was 7 mph and I don’t see being able to go any faster.

12-16mph

translation - I mow every day !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mine does 12, and yes you ain’t mowing at that speed. At least not my yard.
                    With that said you can haul *** and it still cuts well.

Comment

Dad just bought a Kioti

It’s fantastic. Fully welded, heavy duty frame. A joy to operate.

Reasonable price too

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        I'm gonna be in the market for a Scag in the next week or 2! Wonder if they take crappie fillets for payment?
                        For a Scag, go see Jeff McCoy at Outdoor Power Products. He/they are great to deal with and have a good bunch working the shop IF you ever need maintenance or warranty work done.

It may take some ribs and crappie fillets.

Comment

Look at it like this
                          Once the initial mow is done
                          All the other mows moving forward will be way faster

How many acres is the property?

Comment

Looking at various zero turns currently. Is the below a good quality mower? Price is basically $4K at home depot

TORO - 50 in. 24.5 HP TimeCutter IronForged Deck Commercial V-Twin Gas Dual Hydrostatic

I basically have let's say 2 acres or st augustine residential, then lease camp grounds at various properties to do, and if it will do it some bow setup areas

Comment

Working...
                            X