Little League Baseball pitching rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From The Little League Tournament Rules

i. Failure to remove a pitcher who has reached his/her maximum number of pitches
    required by league age or use of an ineligible pitcher is basis for protest. Violation
    protested before the umpires leave the playing field, shall result (by action
    of the Tournament Committee) in the suspension of the team’s manager for the
    next two scheduled tournament games, even if those games are played at the
    next tournament level. Additional penalties (up to and including forfeiture of a
    game and/or disqualification of the team, managers or coaches from further
    tournament participation) may be imposed if, in the opinion of the Tournament
    Committee:
    1 . a manager or coach takes any action that results in making a travesty of
    the game,
    2 . a team fails to meet the requirements of this rule more than once during
    the International Tournament, which begins with District play and ends at
    the World Series level (State level for 9-10 and 10-11), or;
    3 . a manager willfully and knowingly disregards the requirements of this
    rule.
    A manager or coach suspended for any reason is not permitted to be
    at the game site and must not take any part in the game, nor have any
    communications whatsoever with any persons at the game site. Violation
    may result, by action of the Tournament Committee, in further suspension,
    forfeiture of a game and/or disqualification of the team, managers
    or coaches from further tournament participation.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
      Yesterday my son was ejected from his 10u game along with the head coach in the middle of the first inning for this same thing. His coaches burned him Saturday letting him reach the max number of pitch counts. In their first game yesterday they decided to bring him back in and the other team called them out. It was an error by the coaches but it happens.
      It wasn't an error, they knew better, and you should know how many pitches your son has thrown and not let them do that to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        It wasn't an error, they knew better, and you should know how many pitches your son has thrown and not let them do that to him.
        Yep, seen a lot of this many moons ago when my son played LL ball. Some coaches will do whatever it takes to win. Sad, but true.

Comment

As mentioned above, I believe he can return to the mound, so long as he was playing a field position other than catcher (and wasn't previously at max count).

Piggy-backing a bit: I saw possibly the WORST LL umpire on earth last night in our 10u district championship. She missed 4 calls at second, three of which cost us nine defensive runs, the fourth potentially costing us numerous offensive runs. It's tough to see 10 year olds completely deflate after a bad call, make subsequent errors, get further frustrated, etc. Lots of lessons learned for our boys last night.

Comment

I was at work and unable to be at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
              I was at work and unable to be at the game.

That’s sucks. I’d crawl his *** up one side and down the other.

I have to credit our org, they watch pitch counts like hawks, and they are not negotiable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s sucks. I’d crawl his *** up one side and down the other.

I have to credit our org, they watch pitch counts like hawks, and they are not negotiable.

This^^^ My son-in-laws coach their kids on our 11u team. They keep a close count on kids pitches. I ask them about it and they replied that no 11u baseball game was worth hurting a young kids arm period!

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                  Uh to follow the rules !
                  Uh which rule? The one that says when a pitcher is burned he has to have 3 days rest before pitching again or go ahead and pitch him and coach only gets suspended for two games.This is an all star tournament you play everyday pitching is big part of the tournament

Comment

Originally posted by coolhand View Post
                    Hey guys,

I was at a Little League 13 yr. old AllStar Tourney last night and witnessed a controversary. Just wondering what the rules are. Team "A" used a pitcher 3 innings, pulled him, then brought him back in the 6th to close out a close win. It was determined toward the end of the game that pitcher "A" was "burned" due to his pitch count and the required days of rest. The game was stopped and discussed and it was admitted that pitcher should have been burned. But nothing was done, and that team still got the win. Anybody on here know the rules? Thanks
                    Did he throw 95 pitches? Thats the limit for a 13 yo

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Little League Baseball pitching rules

Too many pitches is not the root cause of arm issues for young baseball players. It is baseball 365.... They never get time away from throwing the ball..

Are the parents and coaches counting how many throws they make across the infield and from the outfield during the "way to many" practices these kids have these days.. Oh wait, the 2 days a week private lessons also… You get my drift.....

To limit ALL pitchers to the same pitch count just doesn't make sense. Some kids can throw 30, another kid can easily throw 60
                      Last edited by DamonJ; 06-28-2021, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. In this case the Manager was removed for the next two games, but the team in violation kept the win. Just FYI, the violating team was beaten in the next round 16-2, so looks like Karma is a *****. I still find it hard to believe that the rules allow cheating like this with just a slap on the wrist.

Comment

So glad I’m done with all the kids in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                            So glad I’m done with all the kids in sports.

Well it does come back with grandkids but it’s a little easier to disconnect from it all. This last season was the first time in a long time that I got to just sit back and enjoy a game for what it was...kids playing a game.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                              Too many pitches is not the root cause of arm issues for young baseball players. It is baseball 365.... They never get time away from throwing the ball..

Are the parents and coaches counting how many throws they make across the infield and from the outfield during the "way to many" practices these kids have these days.. Oh wait, the 2 days a week private lessons also… You get my drift.....

To limit ALL pitchers to the same pitch count just doesn't make sense. Some kids can throw 30, another kid can easily throw 60
                              What does make sense? They have to have an arbitrary number. Guess they are taking an average.

Comment

Working...
                              X