Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stopped reading at travel ball.

Comment

I ran into one of these dads once and he said his son was going to be his retirement fund.

The grandiosity astounded me, the kid quit after about 10 years.

Comment

No different in girls soccer. Currently on Dallas playing the premier super copa which brings in top teams from all over the country. Parent watching has been just as fun as watching the games. Can’t help but to feel bad for some of the kids out here.

Comment

Yep I’ve witnessed some hot head dads. One raised his fist at his son for striking out. Another blew up at the ump on a call and told the ump he would whoop his tail
          Amazes me how intense some of these guys get.
          I tell my son have fun & make memories with your buddies. His academic ability will take him farther in life.

Comment

I’m coaching an all star team…. Had a grandparent of one of my players yesterday throw a water bottle at my dugout. He then proceeded to loudly rant that “he got the most votes and is setting on the bench”. Get your **it and let’s go, this is fng BS”. Before I could get through the gate and off the field he was walking to the parking lot. Mom came and gathered juniors stuff and they left in the top of the 2nd inning.

Funny thing was, player had a **** poor attitude in the game before and had already been warned if it happened that he would sit the start of second. Along with that, his performance has been down and others are out playing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As a former coach and umpire, I hate parents. They should not be allowed at the games. Drop the kids off and come back after the game is over. The game can be filmed and you can watch it later and then you can gripe, holler and armchair quarterback all you want.

I guarantee the children would enjoy the game more.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                As a former coach and umpire, I hate parents. They should not be allowed at the games. Drop the kids off and come back after the game is over. The game can be filmed and you can watch it later and then you can gripe, holler and armchair quarterback all you want.

I guarantee the children would enjoy the game more.
                What's your bottom line sir, lol. Like your idea. Then the parents could get a break. Genius

Comment

Y’all think it is only sports parents ruining their kids? Far from it. In fact I have seen much more “ruining” of kids from the non sports parents during my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    I stopped reading at travel ball.
                    No kidding. You can have all that travel league ****. Did that for 2 seasons with my daughter in softball.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      Y’all think it is only sports parents ruining their kids? Far from it. In fact I have seen much more “ruining” of kids from the non sports parents during my lifetime.

I haven’t seen anyone say that it’s “only” sports parents. OP is just using this as one example
                      I agree though there are many situations where parents can ruin their kids in other areas

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

I say domestic violence #1.

Comment

I was on a team last year that had the cops called on a dad/coach for abusing his son on the field. He didn’t really abuse him, but his son was weak and fragile and never should have been on the team. Dad was an assistant coach. The whole incident was on video. Dad and son were removed from the team. Parents and bb are out of this world. We are leaving tomorrow for Gulf Shores WS and I’m hoping no drama! Also, I’m going to screenshot something posted from one of our dads that put out some good info. There is a few expletives.

Comment

Don’t what’s up with crapatalk but it won’t find my photos. I’ll keep trying

Comment

Working...
                            X