Poor Mans Dog Wash Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Mans Dog Wash Station

Awhile back I started a thread to see if I could hook up a utility sink in my old washer/dryer water ports downstairs. I have never had a place to wash my Lab off after a pheasant or duck hunt so I figured I could make my own.

After buying the biggest sink I could find, plumbing parts, wood, and applying many a layers of latex paint I finished my project. I have the tub about 8-9" off the ground draining into a leach field in my back yard. Cheap 6ft hose and washer Y valve to channel the water. All in around $215 (bought the wood awhile back )

For reference my dogs a very tall male lab and weighs around 75lbs (1 year old, and has alot of extra skin and hair still lol).

I will post pictures down below.
    Last edited by IOWA BOW HUNTER; 06-18-2021, 10:07 AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love the pic of her trying to drink the hose lol

Comment

You got a good strainer to catch the hair she sheds when you bathe her? I take my lab to Pet Supplies Plus and bathe him there every once and a while. I'm amazed at how much hair gets caught in the strainer. Glad I don't bathe him in the house he would probably clog things up. Nice setup by the way.
        Last edited by SneakyPhil; 06-18-2021, 10:00 AM. Reason: .

Comment

That's a sweet setup

Comment

I like it! That looks like it works a lot better than my "set up". I just jump in the shower with our dog. At least when he tries to shake all the water off, its contained to inside the shower.

Comment

I just hose mine off in the yard.

Comment

Hell of a lot cheaper and easier to maintain than my dog washing station!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                  You got a good strainer to catch the hair she sheds when you bathe her? I take my lab to Pet Supplies Plus and bathe him there every once and a while. I'm amazed at how much hair gets caught in the strainer. Glad I don't bathe him in the house he would probably clog things up. Nice setup by the way.

Ya my buddy gave me a strainer he uses for welding, so far my dog hasnt punctured it yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                    I just hose mine off in the yard.
                    Ya thats what I do in the summer, but the winter is a different beast!

Comment

Working...
                    X