RV Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV Cover

Are any brands better than others? RV is now outside so I would like to put a cover over it to protect it from the sun. Forest River work and play so a basic rectangle nothing special.

No personal experience, but heard they are bad for the trailer as they cause moisture issues on the roof, and mold. Again, no personal experience. Ours is in covered storage.

Comment

Put ours under one of those metal carports. Get a pad ready and they show up to do the rest.

Comment

I don't have an RV yet, but it is similar to a boat cover. A good breathable boat cover will will keep elements off and allow moisture to evaporate, etc. I've kept all of my boats in the driveway and used good quality cover with a fan underneath and boat is in great condition.

Comment

Are you talking about a metal carport type cover, or a cloth cover that covers the whole RV? If a metal carport type, you don’t have to worry about any roof issues as long as you leave a couple feet of clearance between the top of the A/C shroud and the underside of the cover.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Carolina carports

Comment

I bought one last year and put it on my camper in Sonora. After fighting the wind I finally got it on. Not an easy one person job. When I went to take it off in October there must have been coons living between the cover and roof. I never thought about that so no cover this year. I guess I will just let the sun keep fading it.

Comment

Get Ready$$$$$ The price of those have almost doubled in the last year.

Comment

This is what I did with my old camper at lease. Going on 6 years now. Cost under 200.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper edited (002).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	24653751

Comment

Thanks all. Was looking at soft covers, like a car cover. Plan to eventually add a metal structure but not in the budget this year. Sounds like I may just let it sit in the sun vs issues with the cover

Comment

dont do the soft cover its a waste of 200 bucks and it will tear with the texas sun and wind and flap a mark on the RV...

carport is only way to do it, and reseal the roof every couple yrs

Comment

Working...
                      X