No announcement yet.

Custom Crappie Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some good looking rods! A friend of mine used to be big into making his own rods and was going to teach me. I bought some stuff and then never had the time to build it. I can send you some photos if your son would like the stuff. Send me a pm and I'll figure out how to get it to you.

The blank looks like it's a Forecast RX6 SB783-3.

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
      Those are some good looking rods! A friend of mine used to be big into making his own rods and was going to teach me. I bought some stuff and then never had the time to build it. I can send you some photos if your son would like the stuff. Send me a pm and I'll figure out how to get it to you.

The blank looks like it's a Forecast RX6 SB783-3.
      That's an awesome offer! I sent you a pm

Comment

Incredibly talented!

Comment

The thread and epoxy work on those rods looks just perfect! If he keeps that up, he's gonna be a Master Builder pretty quick!

Well done young man! Well done!

Comment

Very well done. He could corner the market if he was to start selling.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              The thread and epoxy work on those rods looks just perfect! If he keeps that up, he's gonna be a Master Builder pretty quick!

Well done young man! Well done!
              Thank you very much sir! We put them to the test this weekend and they were fantastic! We caught some crappie with them on Friday including a nice 15" and probably 200 whites yesterday total!
              Attached Files

Comment

Very talented. I built my own rods many years ago when it was way cheaper than buying a stock rod and much better. Mine never looked that good though.

Comment

Looks great, I wish I had the patients to build my rods, but I guess that's why Grizzly Jig co. is still in business!

Comment

That's something to be proud of, dad! Very nice work.

Comment

Working...
                    X