Deer Blind built by Welding Students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Blind built by Welding Students

****Just wanted to brag on my boys for a little bit. I also have this listed in the classifieds. But I know you DIY guys will appreciate the work they put in!!****

So last year we decided to build a few deer stands in shop class. Mainly some frames. Had a couple of people buy some. Had a buddy want us to make one with sheet metal on the outside and installed his windows he brought us.

Well this year I decided to let the boys build a deer stand from start to finish. trying to make this as nice as we could with the talent that we have!!

What we have is a 6'x6' box blind. Inside the height is roughly 77" in the back and 79" in the front. The skeleton is made from 16 gauge 1" square tubing. On this one we painted the whole frame before we put on the skin on the outside. On the bottom corners we put 4" square tubing with a couple of holes that will accept a 4x4 piece of lumber for elevation purposes.

The skin is 26 gauge sheet metal with the camouflage painted on by the factory.

The next step we took was we insulated it with 1" thick foam insulation between every void in the frame.

Next we took the same 26 gauge sheet metal in the color "charcoal" and lined the inside and the ceiling with sheet metal. Anywhere the 2 pieces of sheet metal met we made a black trim piece to make it look nice.

The floor we put down 1/2" plywood and screwed it to the metal from underneath to secure it down.

The windows we got from Elusive Wildlife. The windows are the 36" wide and 10" tall. We put 4 of them in the blind. They all open up.

There is a continuous shelf that goes around the whole inside of the blind. It sticks out from the wall 6"

The door is 6' tall and 30" wide. Big enough this fat teacher can get in and out easily!!

The proud new owner would need to provide 4x4 post to elevate to your liking, steps to get in, and carpet to make it quite on the inside.
    Attached Files

Great job! The boys get an A+ from me.

Comment

How much or is it a bidding situation??

Comment

Originally posted by mrneil View Post
        How much or is it a bidding situation??
        I had it listed in the classifieds, but someone has already purchased it.

Comment

The boys did good, somebody just bought a really nice blind.

Comment

That thing will last forever, well done teach!

Comment

Very nice work, those students should be commended on the fine job they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Incredible job!!

Comment

It was nice to meet you Randy. These kids did a heck of a job on this blind! I will get it picked up next week.

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
                    It was nice to meet you Randy. These kids did a heck of a job on this blind! I will get it picked up next week.
                    It was nice to meet you too! Hope you enjoy it!!

I will pass it along to my guys!!

Comment

Great job

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                        Great job! The boys get an A+ from me.
                        X2, those boys did a great job.

And God bless all Teachers!

Comment

Thanks guys!

They like hearing the good jobs!

Comment