Tbot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tbot

Will we have a TBOT 3D season in2021 ? In his letter of resignation tbot president Bud Murphy stated that he was disappointed that no one was stepping up to take over the reins. It would be a shame that a state the size of Texas would not have a traditional bowhunter’s organization. I for one would really miss the fellowship and friendly competition of the 3D shoots . Hopefully tbot won’t go away. I for one would be willing to volunteer my time to prevent that from happening. I hope that there are many others who will do the same !

Agreed Chuck! Spring and summer will suck without hanging out with all y’all. I guess I hang with you at the lease but there’s a lot of guys I will miss seeing. I can’t shoot worth the crap but sure enjoyed doing it!

Comment

Need a retire and committed old fella like Bisch to pick it up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I would be glad to help.

Does anyone any specific needs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
          I would be glad to help.

Does anyone any specific needs?

Was supposed to say “does anyone know of any specific needs?”

Comment

Yeah I have been keeping my fingers crossed hoping someone will step up - it is quite a commitment. Bud and Cory have done a really great job but I certainly understand them wanting to pass the baton. We host two TBOT shoots at Cowtown and plan for that to continue, one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              Need a retire and committed old fella like Bisch to pick it up.

Instead of volunteering other folks, why don’t you volunteer yourself?????? And I am anything but retired right now!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
                Was supposed to say “does anyone know of any specific needs?”

Yes! TBoT needs a North Texas representative to schedule and run all the N TX TBoT shoots, and they also need a President. And there may be more, idk???

Bisch
                Last edited by Bisch; 11-11-2020, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  Instead of volunteering other folks, why don’t you volunteer yourself?????? And I am anything but retired right now!!!!!

Bisch
                  [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

Comment

They also need someone who knows the rules, can be there for events and smart enough post results.
                    Unfortunately that excludes me.
                    I faced the same thing in another organization. When I left they found someone to take over.

Comment

Somehow I knew John would step up to keep Cowtown going because that’s always been one of the best shoots we had ! I hope that goes for the Recurve Championship also . I’m retired and would help with south Texas if Glenn needs help. Also available for Vanderpool. Let’s get this back on track and not let it go away like Chester which was an awesome shoot. I’m sure the longbow championship will continue also, but let’s not let tbot go away. Ken’s not being truthful when he says he can’t shoot worth a crap. If that’s true I really suck!
                      Last edited by chuckc.; 11-11-2020, 08:15 PM.

Comment

That would go for me too Chuck.

Comment

Things are looking more & more in favor of me being able to start making the TBoT shoots again.

I sure hope things work out to keep it going.

Rick

Comment

Tbot

We need to do whatever we can to see that happens Rick ! We need a grass roots movement to make TBoT great again. Stole that like Joe Biden. We need to hear from each of the reps as to how this can get done. There’s about six weeks of deer season left . Without TBoT we’re done after that until next fall. With TBoT we’ve got about six more months to enjoy our sport.

Comment

I'm the West Texas rep . In the process of talking to some of the officers and trying to get a board meeting planned so we can at least get a firm date on the HCS, also I want to volunteer to take over some of the N Texas shoots until theres a rep found.

Comment

Working...
                              X