That's a good sized pig.
        Is that a camera mounted on your Lee?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        That’s a predator tactics hog light

Comment

Dang, it has some size to it.

Comment

Well I'm still unable to get a buck I wanna shoot to give me the OP I want. Mostly doe and fawn feeding.
            Last night, right at dark, a group of pigs I've had coming in at night showed up. Gotta be 20 to 30 in the group. Smallest ones are about 60 to 70 lbs and range up to the head sow that will go 160 if an ounce and a huge black and white boar.
            I have an Elusive Wildlife light on the feeder and it comes on a dark. Stays on at 10% and movement makes it ramp up to 100%. Sounds great but if the animal happens to be on the blind side of the light it's still just a dark silhouette.
            Well the group came in and circled around. Wasn't much left and the deer had already vacated but they seemed to find food in the sand and some smaller ones keyed in on the hand corn spot at 12 yards. But I could see the big boar at 25 yards with his nose stuck to the sow's behind and held off . . .
            The wind was right so I opened the window and readied myself. Finally she gave him grief and he turned his attention from love to food. He lunged and chased the little ones off, turned back and stretched out, then walked straight to the hand corn spot and stood what appeared to be broadside. I knew picking a spot would be challenging but I just looked up the back of the front left leg about halfway up his body, focused, drew and shot without much thought. Just on autopilot.
            I heard but couldn't see the arrow strike. A quick squeal and the group busted out like a covey of quail headed west to the fence line. I heard the bubbly choking of a downed animal but in my mind I knew big boars are tough.
            I gathered my gear and climbed out. No blood at the spot of the shot. First blood was at about 15 yards. Just a spot. Then another. Then it was a geyser. Blood spraying out both sides and his nose and mouth. I found the arrow at about 20 yards broken, but over 20" of penetration.
            I shined ahead and saw him laying another 20 yards out.
            The broadhead had busted through the opposite shoulder but as he ran the arrow pulled back and the arrow broke between the shoulder blade and ribs.
            Took the three of us (my two partners/friends) to load him on the back of the cart.
            Scales said a little over 210 lbs. No teeth to speak of but that's pretty common in the sand dunes.
            12 yards shot out of my new Primaltech recurve. 40 yard recovery.

Comment

That's tremendous, Gary!! Huge congrats on that beast!!

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all are working those pigs over.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Way to go Gary!!!!

Again!

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Congrats everyone! Tonight’s pig. Alone so no LDP.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	B1943E08-F0F0-424D-B6B1-81E997054659.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	24633730

Comment

Perfect shot Ken! Congratulations!

Comment

Way to go Ken!

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

2020 Trad Harvest Thread

2 more down.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkClick image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	24633745
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5017.jpg
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	24633746

Comment

Way2go Clay!

Comment

Got my second trad buck last night. Shot him with my Sarrels Sawtooth and Simmons Sharks Mako broadhead.
                              It was pretty special because my nine year old was sitting with me and he got to witness it all go down. To say he was pumped is an understatement. Made a perfect shot on him and he only went maybe 30 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to all.

Comment

Working...
                                X