No announcement yet.

New Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thing about the Hoyt is it’s easy to change from 85-80 by loosening a screw on the cam and changing the position. Can be done without a press on the tailgate.

Comment

New Bow

Does one position have 80% and the other 85% etched in the cam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
        Good thing about the Hoyt is it’s easy to change from 85-80 by loosening a screw on the cam and changing the position. Can be done without a press on the tailgate.
        So that's the equivalent of "I forgot to put the plug back in my shotgun" Ticket, When you forget to switch it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Does one position have 80% and the other 85% etched in the cam?

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            So that's the equivalent of "I forgot to put the plug back in my shotgun" Ticket, When you forget to switch it back.

Just have to remember to change it before you go out of state on a hunt

Comment

If you’re going to hunt in states with 80% let-off rules, tube and shoot the bow at 80%.

I’ve never heard of somebody being ticketed for violating a state regulation on let-off. The 3 shells for waterfowl hunting is a federal law.

Enjoy your new bow. What sight is that?

Comment

I recently began the search for a new bow to replace my Mathews Halon for two reasons:

1. Wanted a Faster bow

2. Wanted a more accurate bow at distance.

I love the Halon, but for whatever reason I just could not get it to shoot at distances much past 40 yards. I hunt out west and the odds for a longer shot move from possible to probable pretty quick. ( I'll preface this with saying I am not the worlds most technically knowledgeable bowhunter. I enjoy shooting animals not tinkering with every nuance that goes into shooting a bow, so Its possible there was something I could have done with the Halon that would have gotten it to shoot).

I went to my local shop and explained to them my issues and they recommended the Prime Nexus and the Elite Enkore. I shot the prime, it was smooth but was not any faster than my old bow. I shot the Elite and it was almost 20 fps faster than my old bow.

So i decided on the Elite, got it set up and shooting. Built some arrows to be slightly heavier than my old ones ( 433 grain Black Eagle Rampages, the Gold Tip Pierce i shoot in the mathews were out of stock ) and put a few twists in the string to get it up to 80 lbs. As it sits my arrows are comming out of the gate at around 284 fps. I have a 26.5" draw so this is the reason for the lack of speed.

The biggest thing I noticed about this vs. the Mathews is the smooth draw cycle, def. does not have the big hump before it breaks over like the Halon does, and how smooth shooting of a bow it is. Its very, very easy to get good groups with this bow if I do my part. 40 yards is a chip shot, whereas for me, the Halon started to fall apart at that distance. 70 yards it not a challenge at all.

I love the Halon 32 and for me, it was a very smooth shooting bow, it just did not give me the long range accuracy that I was looking for.

* I have been told that for distance, the Mathews Line ( Vertix, Halon, V3, etc. ) are not known for long range accuracy and are more geared towards hunting whitetail at whitetail distances, for which it excells at. My hunting partners V3 does not shoot nearly as good as his old Z7 Magnum at longer distances.*
                Last edited by txtrophy85; 08-07-2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Shoot em all. Let the bow pick you. Don’t let your girls friends, uncles, bosses, brother in law tell you what kind of bow to shoot. Shoot every bow in your price range. You will know when you find “the one”!

Comment

I got to shoot the Elite and I'm sold. Just need to find $600 and I'm golden.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                      I recently began the search for a new bow to replace my Mathews Halon for two reasons:

1. Wanted a Faster bow

2. Wanted a more accurate bow at distance.

I love the Halon, but for whatever reason I just could not get it to shoot at distances much past 40 yards. I hunt out west and the odds for a longer shot move from possible to probable pretty quick. ( I'll preface this with saying I am not the worlds most technically knowledgeable bowhunter. I enjoy shooting animals not tinkering with every nuance that goes into shooting a bow, so Its possible there was something I could have done with the Halon that would have gotten it to shoot).

I went to my local shop and explained to them my issues and they recommended the Prime Nexus and the Elite Enkore. I shot the prime, it was smooth but was not any faster than my old bow. I shot the Elite and it was almost 20 fps faster than my old bow.

So i decided on the Elite, got it set up and shooting. Built some arrows to be slightly heavier than my old ones ( 433 grain Black Eagle Rampages, the Gold Tip Pierce i shoot in the mathews were out of stock ) and put a few twists in the string to get it up to 80 lbs. As it sits my arrows are comming out of the gate at around 284 fps. I have a 26.5" draw so this is the reason for the lack of speed.

The biggest thing I noticed about this vs. the Mathews is the smooth draw cycle, def. does not have the big hump before it breaks over like the Halon does, and how smooth shooting of a bow it is. Its very, very easy to get good groups with this bow if I do my part. 40 yards is a chip shot, whereas for me, the Halon started to fall apart at that distance. 70 yards it not a challenge at all.

I love the Halon 32 and for me, it was a very smooth shooting bow, it just did not give me the long range accuracy that I was looking for.

* I have been told that for distance, the Mathews Line ( Vertix, Halon, V3, etc. ) are not known for long range accuracy and are more geared towards hunting whitetail at whitetail distances, for which it excells at. My hunting partners V3 does not shoot nearly as good as his old Z7 Magnum at longer distances.*
                      OK.

Comment

My brother-in-law just got the ventum 30. He loves it. Supposed to be as dead-in-hand as a Mathews

Comment

when you are going tp buy a new crossbow you need to see a list of Best crossbows and there comparison, click here for more detail.

Comment

Working...
                          X