Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close Call Tire Blowout

Had the front left tire blowout on Saturday afternoon. Was running about 65
    and boom loud explosion and the truck made a hard left accross oncomming traffic lane into the bar ditch then into a boulder then rolled over. I dont remember unbuckling the seatbelt but was out. I either slid out or the belt or bracket broke. Next came the scary part as i stood up and got oriented smoke was coming into the cabin. I could not lift the drivers side door which was above me. Started trying to kick out the front windshield but it was not cooperating. Very lucky for the passers by that stopped and called for help and to help get the windshield out. The smoke had let up thank God. This was on HWY 281 at 7 mile hill just south of 281. The Palo Pinto sheriffs dept and mineral well fire dept and Hwy Patrol were awesome and would like to give them a big thanks for what they do. They got my guns out of the truck and secured them, i refused to get it the ambulance until they were secured.
    Anyways very thankful to God to still be here. This truck was my baby, ordered it new a 99 F350 crew. Thank God for the ranch hand on the front as it took the brunt of the impact. Wound up with a couple of broken ribs banged up left knee and very sore, but count my blessings. This happened in an instant so you never know.
    Attached Files

Wow, glad you are ok. Insane how fast life can come to a halt.

Comment

Glad you're OK. Definitely could have been worse. Blessed for sure.

Comment

Wow, glad your are gonna heal up.

Comment

That is scary, glad you are ok!!

Comment

Dang. Discount Tire overinflated my tires by 20 lbs. On my way back to work that day, I had a blowout front tire at 55mph. Ugly feeling and scary AF. Damaged my front fender. DT had to pay for that fix.

Comment

Wow glad your Ok.

Comment

Glad you're alright. Scary as hell!

Comment

Ouch !

Comment

lucky to walk away from that one with only a couple of broken ribs

Comment

Wow...I bet that was scary. Glad you escaped with no more harm than you did.

Comment

That..........was a close one...............
                        Glad your doing ok...........

Comment

That was a really close one.

Glad you are okay.

Comment

Glad you are OK. Losing a truck you have had that long is like losing an old friend.

Comment

Dang. Glad to see you made it out of that as good as you did. Do you think you ran over something or were the tires getting thin on tread?

Comment

Working...
                              X