No announcement yet.

PSA announcement, TPWD Hunting 101: Ashby Foundation- Arrow Lethality seminar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA announcement, TPWD Hunting 101: Ashby Foundation- Arrow Lethality seminar

Texas Parks and Wildlife Department’s
    Hunting 101: Arrow Lethality
    9AM-1PM, Saturday 5 June 2021
    Host facility- Cinnamon Creek Archery “Pro Shop” 13794 Old Denton Rd
    Roanoke, TX 76262

***FREE Informational Workshop***

TPWD Hunter Education staff have worked with the Ashby Bowhunting Foundation to educate bowhunters on reducing wounding loss by selecting and practicing with arrows and broadheads that work efficiently to ensure a clean harvest of game being pursued.

Rob Nielson, Co-Founder and President of the Ashby Bowhunting Foundation will share results of more than 27 years of study of arrow performance and broadhead lethality conducted by Vice President Dr. Ed Ashby.

Ashby summary- The Ashby Bowhunting Foundation was founded in 2017 to continue the work of Dr. Ed Ashby that has benefited bowhunters worldwide for decades. The Foundation’s goal is to provide information to achieve the highest possible success rate and reduce the wound/non-recovery rate of big game to the lowest level possible.

Participants must register at https://tpwd.elementlms.com/course/h...ional-free-33/

• Masks/face coverings strongly recommended.
    • Social distancing will be observed.
    • Bring your own water and lunch or snacks.

TPWD contact- Monica Bickerstaff, 469-601-8349, monica.bickerstaff@tpwd.texas.gov

Had a good turnout last year down here at Texas Archery! The questions were tough from the audience and the presenters explained it in pretty simple terms......worth folks time on a weekend!

Comment

how do you tell people what to do to decrease the wound loss ratio?

" by selecting and practicing with arrows and broadheads that work efficiently to ensure a clean harvest of the game being pursued."

Comment

when did the foundation start?
        Since 2013, the IRS has released data culled from millions of nonprofit tax filings. Use this database to find organizations and see details like their executive compensation, revenue and expenses, as well as download tax filings going back as far as 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
          how do you tell people what to do to decrease the wound loss ratio?

" by selecting and practicing with arrows and broadheads that work efficiently to ensure a clean harvest of the game being pursued."
          No clue, we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
            No clue, we will see.
            It should be interesting. Thanks for posting.

Comment

It should be interesting, I'm not on the heavy arrow bandwagon, nor on the light, just give me something to shoots where I want it- every durn time.

Comment

I've always wondered, "is it the Indian or the arrow"?

Comment

I’ve spoke with Rob a few times, he’s a stand up guy and is doing a lot of positive things for the bowhunting community. Should be some great information for those in attendance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                    I’ve spoke with Rob a few times, he’s a stand up guy and is doing a lot of positive things for the bowhunting community. Should be some great information for those in attendance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Yes sir, above reproach. Won't even take money from archery corporations that want product placement.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      Yes sir, above reproach. Won't even take money from archery corporations that want product placement.
                      They cannot. If they did, they could not test that product.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                        They cannot. If they did, they could not test that product.
                        Uh, humm, ahhh,....well....exactly![emoji3061] The manufacturers continually try however as they know the foundation is on track.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

And a bump!

Comment

“Shoot rage and give the deer time to die. Enjoy the refreshments.”

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley64 View Post
                              “Shoot rage and give the deer time to die. Enjoy the refreshments.”
                              hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X