Where to stay around South Padre Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to stay around South Padre Island

We are making our first trip to SPI around the end of July. We’re headed down there to do a little fishing and are wondering where’s the best places to stay? We are pretty simple people so we don’t need anything real nice. Just something with a cold AC, a comfy bed, and hot water. We are looking at hotels, condos, townhomes, whatever anywhere close to SPI. Any recommendations, tips, or places to avoid would be greatly appreciated!

The Wanna Wanna for a no frills motel, on the beach with a bar and grill.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Look on Vrbo. Tons of awesome places to rent.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        Look on Vrbo. Tons of awesome places to rent.
        We are looking at going this route. Just not sure if we should stay on SPI or close by. Not sure what areas to avoid.

Comment

Laguna Vista has very nice houses VRBO. I have stayed in one a couple times hunting at Laguna Atascosa.

Comment

The Shores is up town and on the bayside headed north on island. Around $2,000.00 for a week. There is great red fishing in the small cuts around the developement.

Comment

If you are bringing your boat you may want to rent a place on the laguna side with a wet slip. That’s what we do when we stay there. Usually use Vrbo to book. Love it down there.

Comment

Definitely stay in South Padre which is on the island.

Comment

Been going down there almost every year for at least ten years. Love that first hint of salt air you get when you get closer.

Comment

The sunset from the island is one of the best things. All the bayside bars are packed for viewing with cocktails.

Comment

The Pearl is awesome, will be there for Memorial weekend!!

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations so far. Been clicking through a bunch of VRBO’s and AirBNB

Comment

We always have liked the Isla del Sol if you can find a rental there, its small but right next to the Isla Grande. Quiet and really private.

The Isla Grande kinda has everything you need just a short walk away (its the old Radisson that MTV would have South Padre Spring Break shows at back in the day). Couple of bars and tiki huts, etc. little mini Starbucks for the wives, etc.

Comment

Isla Del Sol Condos and the Raddison were my favorite. White Sands Marina will cook the fish you catch.

Comment

I had a bayside waterfront condo down there a few blocks from Louies for two years. That is hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
                              X