Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker

Does anyone have any idea on approximate pricing in the current market for a Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker in .25-06? It appears from the serial number (NX) to have been manufactured in 1993.

Short story: The gun was stolen from me in 2007 and it was recovered a while back (I picked it up last week). A buddy is interested in buying it at a market price, with a money back guarantee that it will shoot right.

I can't help with pricing but this is where I go when I have questions about prices for guns.
    Find new and used guns for sale at the largest online gun auction site GunBroker.com. Sell and buy firearms, accessories, collectibles such as handguns, shotguns, pistols, rifles and all hunting outdoor accessories. Shop Now.

Comment

What condition does it appear to be in? Have you shot it since returned?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        What condition does it appear to be in? Have you shot it since returned?
        The synthetic stock certainly shows wear, but I don't recall it being any (or much) worse than when I got it years ago. The action and barrel seem fine. I have it broken down with the intent to give it a good cleaning this weekend.

I have not shot it, as I don't have ammo. I sold a 25-06 TC barrel and all of the ammo I had last year. I sure would like to if I had a few rounds. In fact the lack of ammo is one of the reasons I'm looking to part with it (I already have to many calibers of ammo to keep up with).

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan View Post
          I can't help with pricing but this is where I go when I have questions about prices for guns.
          https://www.gunbroker.com/
          I took a look through there and the prices were a bit varied and fairly high for these older ones. But those were all starting bids, without activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Riley View Post
            I took a look through there and the prices were a bit varied and fairly high for these older ones. But those were all starting bids, without activity.
            A-bolts are cheaper than AB3 or X-bolts. Usually see them for around $600 used $750 nib. AB3's about a grand and X-bolts $1200 to $1300. We talkin in the Stalker series.
            Don't make sense because the A-bolt was a better gun IMO.

Comment

$475 is a fair price for both parties

$400 is giving it away, $600 is to much

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

I think this is about right

Comment

Cajun Blake is spot on

Comment

I would agree for a used gun.

Comment

I have the same gun in a 7mm I was thinking of selling. I guess mine is worth about the same.

Comment

Nate, try this site:

It has stats of recently sold firearms, too.

I'm actually shocked that a gun was stolen from you 14 years ago and recovered! That's awesome!

Comment

Bought an A Bolt stainless stalker with synthetic stock in 25-06 on here and it was a 1993 model as well, for $600 last year. Great gun! Also came with 3 boxes of ammo.

Comment

I have one of the original stainless stalkers in 270. It shoots extremely well. No telling how many critters I've whacked with that rifle over the years. It's just a safe queen now.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              A-bolts are cheaper than AB3 or X-bolts. Usually see them for around $600 used $750 nib. AB3's about a grand and X-bolts $1200 to $1300. We talkin in the Stalker series.
                              Don't make sense because the A-bolt was a better gun IMO.
                              This is slightly backwards. The AB3 guns are around $500-$600 and are the budget rifles made by Browning.

Comment

Working...
                              X