Lost all my deer meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost all my deer meat

Well had about 30 2lb packages of Hamburger and 20 packages of sausage over in my Mom's freezer, I'm her caretaker now cause of a stroke a few years back, she had went in wash room and got a package of sausage out and forgot to shut the freezer door, I never go in there unless getting some meat to bring to my home. Well it was about 3 weeks ago when she went in there and I went in last night and found the disaster. She has problems with her memory since stroke so she just didn't realize she left it open. Anyway I go on a hinds hunt in Sept. so should get it stocked back up.

God Bless
    Bish

Sucks man. My mom is slowing down due to age. Guess we all will if given the privilege to live that long. Hope your hunt is successful.

Comment

ouch

Comment

Sorry to hear that happened. Hope your Mom is doing well though. I have had it happen to me......”I” forgot to turn a breaker switch back on after hanging some lights. Lost a whole bunch of stuff and the smell was awful after finding it on day three.

Comment

Tough

Comment

Sorry to hear. If you are in my area soon hit me up and I’ll share some of what I have. I have plenty of eland hamburger and whitetail sausage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It'll be a week or two because of my schedule but I could hook you up with some meat if you want it. I've got roast and burger meat. Don't have a ton of extra but enough to replace some of what you lost. Let me know.

Comment

I’ve got some Axis Hamburger & Steaks I’m willing to share. PM me if you want some.
                I’m in Van Alstyne.

Comment

i'm headed to denton next weekend, i could bring a few packs of goodies for you

Comment

Had that happen to my parents. Repair man unplugged the freezer and the homeowner insurance paid for all meat lost in the freezer. Dad made out on that, we had 2 Ohio bucks in the freezer along with small game and walleye.

Comment

I feel your pain. My son unplugged my deep freezer in the summertime when we lived in Wisconsin. When I noticed the stench in the garage it was way too late, 2 deer all packaged up were lost. Not a good day… mother reason to hunt more I reckon

Comment

Man, that bites. All you can do now is go hunting and restock. Not that you needed an excuse. Lol.

Comment

Been there with my late mom as well. You're a good Son, Man stepping up to take care of your mom. God Bless and best of luck in the future, oh, fill that freezer when you can!!

Comment

Sorry, bad news about losing the meat. Glad you are taking care of your Mom, God bless her.

Comment

Ill send you a text tomorrow and bring you some ground and some breakfast sausage. We ended up with a bit more than I expected. You're a solid dude and time for me to help out when I can.

Comment

Working...
                              X